Ford F-350 Crew Cab 2015: middle back seat

jrabbit

We have this truck (absolute necessity, since it tows our home and carries our family).

Youngest is the only restrained child. She is 7, in ff Radian, 5 point harness.

Her (much older) sisters need to be separated for the continuing health and well-being of our whole family.

But, we can not install the radian in the middle because of the seatbelt. We have tried a mighty-tite.

I don't know how much longer it makes sense to keep her in the car seat, though. Would a booster be ok in this position?

Thanks!

ADS

bubbaray

If the belts and seat are the same as the F150s, then yes. You need to make sure the booster base is 100% on the seat and you need to use a lap/shoulder belt. If there is a headrest in that position, check that it doesn't move the back of the booster too far forward, leaving a gap. If that happens, you could use a booster that permits use without a vehicle headrest or use a LBB.

FWIW, we have had no booster incompatibility issues in our 2011 F150 or FILs 2016 F150. However, I'm not certain that the larger trucks have the same vehicle seats, belts or headrests

jrabbit

I got sidetracked in my post: does anyone know HOW to install a car seat in this middle seat? Since she is 7+, I don't want to buy a new restraint, but I am hesitant to move her to booster just because the sisters won't behave in travel days.
Posted via Mobile Device

bubbaray

What issue are you having with the seatbelt? Mighty tites are definitely not recommended. I have done both belt and LATCH installs in our 2011 F150 and have had no issues. But as I said above I'm not sure that the 150 and 350 are the same re seats, belts and headrests.

Keeanh

What troubles are you having, exactly? The Radian can be quite difficult to install. Make sure the recline foot is down, and pull the Radian forward of the seat bight so that there's a small triangular space behind it. Twist the female buckle stalk down if you need more buckling room. Also, you might have to use a locking clip if the install is iffy.

Never use a mighty-tite. They're dangerous and can damage your seat or seatbelt.

jrabbit

The middle seat has a different type of seat belt entirely and no latch hooks. I have a picture, if I can figure out how to upload it.

We have used Radians for about 10 years, in at least 10 different vehicles. It isn't that we are confuse about how to install it. We have had this truck for a year, and the girls have reached a climax for being annoyed about the seating arrangement.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keeanh

The middle seat has a different type of seat belt entirely and no latch hooks. I have a picture, if I can figure out how to upload it.

We have used Radians for about 10 years, in at least 10 different vehicles. It isn't that we are confuse about how to install it. We have had this truck for a year, and the girls have reached a climax for being annoyed about the seating arrangement.
Posted via Mobile Device

I found a picture and it looks like it has a locking latchplate. If so, you simply pull the shoulder portion until the lap portion is tight. It locks at the buckle, not at the shoulder retractor.

jrabbit

Thank you so much! I honestly hadn't looked at it til this week because I just "trusted" my husband when he said it wouldn't work. 😏 The previous truck didn't have a ratcheting belt in the middle, so I just assumed. (And until now, we weren't using the truck often for all five of us, since we were driving two vehicles)

I have shared this info with him, to figure out before we travel again on Sunday.

Thanks again!

jrabbit

Hubby was dubious, so I ended up having to do this. I am amazed at how tight it is!

And, of course, she begged me to move it back today when they didn't have to be 3 in the back. Ugh. I would have moved it, except I don't like re-hooking the tether. That is the hardest part of installation for me.

Thanks again, y'all!
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC