Look at this pic of kids in front no car seat!

mykidsmylife

028.jpg

LOL. I just ahd to do it. For the record, the car goes maybe 2 MPH. I was walking at a slow pace beside Seth the whole time.
They are so stikin cute!

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
LOL. You got me :D Tucker has a Dora quad that DH is wondering when I will figure out to attch a car seat. I told him I would not be doing that. If we get her the Radio Flier Wagon withe the big tires and wood wides I may try with that though since she is a daredevil and thinks she shoupld stand on everything. :whistle:

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
Very cute, but they should both have a helmet on. Just like a tricycle or bike.

Our rule here (8 kids playing outside all the time) is anything with wheels has a helmet. Wagon, bikes trikes, skates and skate boards. The kids are pretty used to it now. Even the two year old yells at adults for not wearing a helmet.

tl01

While we're on the topic of these little cars for our little ones, at what age would you let your child have such a car? My mom wants to get DS one but she is waiting for my approval.

Thanks!

mykidsmylife

If this was a newer one ds1 (5) would just be getting one. But since this one is sooo old and goes soooo slow then I let him have it at 3.
The newer ones go a lot faster.

Yeah I figured I get you. Figured everyone could use a good chuckle. :)

mykidsmylife

Oh and as far as the helments, Johnathon hs no issue at all wearing a helment. But he can go faster on his bike then in this thing and unless we are aound cars I dont make him wear one in it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, you wild woman, you! :D

Leah discovered she can drive the big kids' battery powered ATV today...It's SO big she has to lean sideways to reach the pedal...and god I hope she never falls off it, even with her helmet on (good thing it's almost winter, maybe she'll grow and learn to steer come springtime!)

Anyway, way cute :)

...maybe she'll grow and learn to steer come springtime!

but then the car seat wont last as long! :D

Now that your little one has been placed forward facing you'll never get him rear facing again and he will forever be forward :( LOL - he would have seen the world from being forward...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
While we're on the topic of these little cars for our little ones, at what age would you let your child have such a car? My mom wants to get DS one but she is waiting for my approval.

Thanks!

I decided it was OK as soon as Leila could fit a helmet :) We did have a HUGE indoor area, though as well as an empty parking lot at our disposal :rolleyes:

vamom

We got ds's first power wheels for his first xmas. It was the lil quad - made for little ones, went maybe 2 miles and had a button on the handlebar that was the accelerator. It was a huge hit, and helped tremendously with cause and effect! By 20 months he had a handme down jeep. For his 2nd xmas he got a small john deere. 3rd xmas a harly, and 4th a peg atv. He loves his power wheels and papa loves buying them! He has worn a helmet since two (he was too small for a helmet before then and he rode indoors, mostly start and stop, lol).

tl01

I decided it was OK as soon as Leila could fit a helmet :) We did have a HUGE indoor area, though as well as an empty parking lot at our disposal :rolleyes:

Goodness.. then DS is probably ready for one... LOL:) His head is over the 100 percentile quite a bit... he has a HUGE noggin!

Jordynsmama

Jordyn got the barbie jeep a few yrs ago for her third bday. She just started being good at it last yr and loves it a lot. I have never made her wear a helmet b/c I stay right beside her and it doesnt have an extra fast speed like the newer ones. I know some ppl would still say wear a helmet but I just dont think its a necessary for a 4-5 yr old. Maybe a 2 yr old who could just fall out b/c they arent sturdy.

MySillyKids

we got one for my DS1 for his second birthday. He figured out how to work it THAT DAY. Its, uh, been uh, sitting in the garage ever since. Yea, we didn't think to clearly when buying it for him. Its just TOO hot here to have one (i'm in AZ).

That being said, DH and DS1 washed it the other day LOL..

I think 4 is a good age to have one. Right now, since we just finished our back yard, he has no where to ride it but on the street, and he doesn't listen to directions quite yet.

Soon enough, he'll ride it all the time!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
we got one for my DS1 for his second birthday. He figured out how to work it THAT DAY. Its, uh, been uh, sitting in the garage ever since. Yea, we didn't think to clearly when buying it for him. Its just TOO hot here to have one (i'm in AZ).

That being said, DH and DS1 washed it the other day LOL..

I think 4 is a good age to have one. Right now, since we just finished our back yard, he has no where to ride it but on the street, and he doesn't listen to directions quite yet.

Soon enough, he'll ride it all the time!

Hot here in AZ...Never...LOL Tucker has a Dora quad she rides around the house and outside. (It's about 15 degrees cooler here than where you are). She wears a helmet part of the time. They are to big for her. She had one from the bike shop that fit fairly well, but the dogs ate it. Since she can't or doesn't steer we are right beside when she is riding outside.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC