What to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutgold

I constantly see misused CRs and never know what to do. With close friends and family I remind them of how to properly use them, but with strangers I never know what to do. Just today I saw a little boy, no older than three, climb into a booster seat in the FRONT PASSENGER SEAT of his dad's car. Then his mom got into the back seat! Should I say something or should I let them figure it out on their own time? Please help.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

AllieK

I would never say something to a stranger.

I am all about car seat safety but really, there are bigger concerns in life. Every day children are molested, abused, neglected, and even killed by their caregivers. Having a 3 year old in a booster, or an infant in an expired seat is small beans in comparison. A mother that is just struggling to keep her child from being killed by his father probably isn't thinking too much about car seats, KWIM?

tjham

I used to really struggle with the desire to say something. For example, when seeing a baby in an infant seat in a store with only the chest clip done, or with hard toys hanging, I just had to make myself think, they will fix it before they get in the car. Sadly, even with friends, a friendly comment is not always well received. :rolleyes:

Athena

Unless there is a clear opening, I don't. It makes us sad to see it though and results in my kids not being able to ride with most of their friends and that makes me even sadder.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Just had to come on here to get this off my chest...I feel kind of sick to my stomach and I don't know if I should have done something different.

I just left the IKEA parking lot and the mom parked next to me was putting her baby in. I say "baby" because the child was whimpering in an i'm-not-yet-verbal kind of way, but when I saw her she could have been 2 years old, but definitely not 3 and probably closer to 18 months.

I was saddened to see the baby in a FF seat, but then I saw the mom pull the seatbelt over her and realized it was a booster. I probably looked like a stalker because I couldn't believe what I was seeing and was kind of stunned. The mom looked at me a couple times, but not in a friendly way, so I didn't say anything.

The seat was a Cybex booster. Probably one of the most expensive boosters out there, and yet completely misused. [emoji30]

I wish I had said something, but I would have literally had to go knock on her window and ask her to roll it down because she was already in the car when she buckled the little girl in. She probably would have written me off as a loon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC