Need help again - PLEASE :)

vthokieche

I am back again needing more help for the pieces to our puzzle.

Baby #3 is now 6 months old. She is currently in the center position in a Chicco Keyfit 30 that we move between our two cars.

DD is 6 years old and 43 inches and 38 lbs in a Britax Frontier driver's side outboard in a '04 Subaru WRX and FF using the harness in a Graco Nautilus driver's side outboard in our '02 Golf GTI. We JUST learned from another thread that this is now expired as the harnessed seat.

DS is 11 years old and 53 inches and 67 lbs. He is in an Evenflo Amp backless booster on the passenger side in both cars.

In the WRX I have about 1" of room left and we have about 2" in the GTI.

We would like to avoid replacing the Frontier with another FF harnessed seat if possible.

SO..... THE QUESTIONS

I'm trying to find info on the width of the base portion of the Rainier, but having difficulty. I've seen between 14 and 16.5" listed. Does anyone know how wide this is at the base?

Are there other seats aside from the Dionos that are narrow at the base, but will have a long life-expectancy? As you can see, my kids tend to be small, so it's been more the age of the seat that has forced replacements, rather than height or weight limits.

What to do with my 6-year old? What do I replace the Nautilus with? Another harnessed seat? A HBB or a NBB?

Thanks so much for helping with my puzzle!

ADS

walnutgold

I don't have any Diono measurements sorry! But for your six year old I would reccomend the Graco Tranzitions. It was a Baby's R Us exclusive for a while and I'm not sure if it still is. It FF harnesses, becomes a HBB, and a NBB. Plus it has a seven year lifespan meaning that it would last even a small child a very long time. The Chicco NextFit is a narrowish seat. I would reccomend putting your DS in the center because he has the least side protection and he is going to be the easiest to unload. Your DD1 and DD2 could be on the outside so that you don't have to be reaching all the way to the center to get one of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

lgenne

The Chicco Nextfit is not narrow. It also has almost no ability to puzzle with other seats.

A Graco clone (Size4Me, Fit4Me, MySize, Contender) is relatively narrow and sits up on a very narrow base and might work well.

If you're considering Diono seats for a 3 across, I'd get a Radian, not a Rainier. You'd probably be ok for rear facing, but it could be a real issue for 3 across by the time the baby is ready for rear facing.

The Clek convertibles would probably work well, too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC