Latchable backless boosters

lahuffman

This is for my will be 8 yr old in September. She is about 50" and 55lbs. She got her first backless ride this week when I needed 3 across in my car and really likes it. Her primary seat is a high rack pkwy sgl, with the back off there was a area of seat with no cover that she didn't like. Her friend used my daughter's back up turbo booster with the back off. My daughter complains the graco is hard. I'm considering finding her a dedicated backless but I prefer latch able because we won't remember to buckle it in when empty. Are the affix backless as unpadded as the turbo booster? What is the difference between the clek Ollie and ozzi? Any others I should be looking at? I might need 3 across again which I was able to do with my younger daughter from in her back up sureride center with a booster in each outboard seat. The graco did fit better than pkwy but they did all work together. Normally both kids are outboard and younger is in a pioneer. I drive a 2015 forester. Thanks!!

ADS

Dillipop

The affix is just as unpadded as the turbo.

I agree with the Solano recommendation. It's a backless diono monterey which my kids found quite comfy.

lahuffman

I will look at the solano. If the affix is just as unpadded she won't go for it, to bad they are easy to locate! Do either of you know the difference between the clek ill I and ozzi? What are the odds she might just get used to that open area at the back of the pkwy when the high back is off? I really like the sg strap for long road trips.

jacqui276

We have an olli and it was DD's favourite booster. My niece rides in it now when I drive her around and she likes it as well.
Some differences between the olli and ozzi are the fabric (olli comes with the crypton fabric and also has more colour options), accessories (olli has the cup holder and carrying strap), and the olli has a quick release pull for the anchors that is at the front of the seat while the ozzi has buttons on the actual anchors to release it.

bnsnyde

I think that new Harmony one sounds good.

We have a bunch of Olli seats but they don't work in my third row since they sit on the buckle. Plus they are not very deep for older kids. I like it though for my 6 YO. It is very well padded. I didn't see absolute top marks in Consumer Reports on it though, and that disappointed me.
Harmony got awesome reviews in testing. But since Harmony never had latch...they were never my first choice.

Now they have latch! I wonder though if it'll be narrow enough like the Harmony Youth for 3 in a row. Maybe I should try!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Be careful with that new Harmony. The fit is really weird on some kids due to the low back.

lahuffman

It does look good, I didn't know it existed! My daughter really likes the green olli. I also like the look of the solona. She had a radian back when she was rf and liked it so I think the booster would have similar padding. I'm going to show them all to her. We used to live near a bbb but no longer have the option to go see them in person. Our Walmart has the harmony and the affix in store. The others we would have to try online orders for.

Any chance any of these would allow for a 3 across with my younger daughters pioneer in the mix, I'm thinking one is those $13 harmony from Walmart then whatever of these new boosters for my daughter?

Ali

I think it would depend on how they puzzle together for a 3-across. I just got my DD the harmony and she loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lahuffman

Bumping this because the app won't let me create a new thread. I adore my dd4's pioneer but I'm curious about slimmer based seats. The pioneer is 19". I was measuring at the store and hot 12-13" at the base for the Graco clones/contender, is that right? That would be a dream to have that space for buckling two boosters in when needed. I am totally fine with getting a convertible. I had to pull the pioneer to clean and she's currently rf in her back up sureride (I am not a fan of the continuous harness) would not be willing to use everyday. How are the harnesses on the gracos? She would likely switch back n forth between ff and rf if I want that route. She's been mostly ff since she turned 3. She will be in this seat likely atleast 3 years. She's petite, at 4yr visit in June was 38" and 30lbs, 14" torso. Thank you for humoring my question :)

mommabritt

I saw that harmony one in a store an really disliked the back. Hard to see in the stock photo but it comes up in the back in a really weird way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC