Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Calling Stroller Gurus

I am trying to help a friend shop for a stroller. New or used (so bonus points if it's common and therefore easy to find on Craigslist, and discontinued strollers are possibly in the running if they can be found).

She needs something that will work for a newborn. So lay flat, or available "cot" accessory, or lay close enough to flat that one of those dreaded car seat inserts we don't use in car seats will keep baby in a good position.

She needs something that is all-terrain. She doesn't need to be able to jog with it, but she needs to be able to wheel it around on gravel, uneven grass, up hillsides, etc.. Baby needs a place to be while she does farm chores. So "bumpy sidewalk" isn't going to cut it as "all terrain."

I'm kinda looking at the Mountain Buggy Urban, but open to other ideas. Thoughts?

I suggested the Baby Trend Expedition, which I have and like, but she tried it and didn't like it. She wants something more mid-range, or possibly higher-end if she can get it 2nd hand for a mid-range price.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: Calling Stroller Gurus

Mountain buggy is a good choice, or possibly Bumbleride. Valco are great but less common used.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

I think my uppababy vista would fit the bill. A friend of ours used it for DS on his farm a few months back. He did have to pull it backwards with the bigger back wheels a few times over really rugged areas though.

Air tires would be a good bet for really all terrain.

CCO 4/15

Senior Community Member Keeks64's Avatar
    Mountain Buggy Urban or Terrain - I sell them at work. They are really great & super durable.

The seat does lie totally flat which is nice although would need a bit of head support , rolled receiving blankets would work

It's a really smooth ride even on uneven rough terrain.

R: 09/2008, 40lbs & 44"
    D: 07/2012 27lbs & 33"

Baby jogger summit. Probably not gonna find used. But I love my sister's the huge tires and suspension. The child doesn't move.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019W...&pi=SY200_QL40
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Awesome, thanks everyone!
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

Carseat Crazy

I was going to say bumbleride indie. It lays flat for a baby, plus has a bassinet option to purchase. It is all terrain, but at the same time small enough to go shopping with.

The Baby Jogger Summit would also be good, but it is rather large and not a stroller I would want to take inside of most stores.

9. Thank You from:

I'd look at a Baby Jogger City Mini GT. I've used mine on gravel, grass, etc. with no issues. It has a nice recline, easy, compact fold and they aren't crazy expensive new (watch Amazon warehouse) and pretty easy to find used.

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard