Graco Car seat - chest clip warping

jed918

Has anybody else had to deal with the chest clip warping?
We received a replacement clip, and within 1 week, it was warped again. It doesn't click very well, and most of the time it slides right out very easily. I've contacted Graco multiple times, and they said I need to remove the car seat whenever not in use and store in a cool location. The warping occurs even when I park in the garage. I asked Graco about using an aftermarket chest clip, and they advise against this and state that they are not liable if any injuries occur in the car seat.

http://imgur.com/a/Dn6LO

Here is a picture of the chest clip. The plastic is very pliable, and seems to be made from cheap plastic.

ADS

AllieK

Wow, that's crazy and I'm sure, very frustrating for you. I've owned many Graco seats over the last 5 years, many of them stored in temps well over 100 degrees for extended period of time and never had that happen to any of the seats. What conditions is your seat being exposed to? Does it happen when the child is in the seat or when the child is not in the seat?

jed918

Hi. It's just normal conditions I would think. We keep trying to bend the tabs back up, but they don't stay clicked in very well. Usually we park in the garage, but sometimes toys are in the way. The temp has been low 80's the past week, and we use a sun visor when parked in our driveway.

jed918

We store our car in the garage and in the driveway when it's not that hot or toys are scattered in the garage. It's only been low 80's here in Ohio at the worst. I reported it to Consumer Product Safety Commission.
I may have multiple replies on this forum, not sure if they are getting approved by mods or not going through.

Kobain's Mommy

That's strange. I've had various Graco seats over the years, most having that clip, and never had it happen. One was a RFing seat in a black car that sat out in the sun.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC