Question 2015/16 Honda Civic Sedan Reviews Wanted

Momma2805

I am looking to buy a new vehicle in the upcoming weeks. My price range must stay below 20k. I think I have decided on the Honda Civic Sedan but would like feedback on safety features, rear-seating space (will have rear facing toddler for the next 2 years), handling (live in area with harsh winters) and overall comfort of vehicle as I don't want to buy a new car in 2 years because I hate this one.
If you would give this car a very poor review, is there one you would recommend instead that fits my price range and needs?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
I wish I could give you a better bunch of info, but I am for sure drooling on the 2016 Civic hatchbacks coming out this fall so I'm a bit familiar with this model.

In any case, Hondas are notoriously reliable and are generally well-liked as far as driving dynamics. They err towards the "sportier" side so if you want a soft ride and soft steering this may not be for you. However, this is exactly how I like my cars to drive so I find it acceptable. I'm on my second Honda and I've had no significant issues with either that weren't caused by my neglect (I've taken much better care of the new car). I don't live in a snowy climate so I can't speak to winter driving, but I would speculate that it is about average in that department.

The new Civics are also pretty huge - I haven't yet been in one, but judging from exterior dimensions and reviews I've watched rear room should be good for a RF car seat.

As for cons, Hondas have pretty lousy rock hard seats and very thin paint that chips incredibly easy. Both are very annoying.

MotoMommaNH

79adeb80e1dbf927766c53337c11e471.jpg

If you use car seats especially boosters, the rear seat could give you issues because if the head restraints.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC