We Need New Seats!

Three&Counting

I'm out of the loop and need new car seats for my kids. We had 4 Radians (expiring this year and 2018) but haven't had a vehicle in a while so ...

We'll be moving across the country in a few months, a 60 hour drive. We'll also be driving 8 hours round-trip to the big city at least once per month, probably more often than that. We'll hopefully have a passenger van, but that will depend upon what we can find when it comes time. Two of my Radians will still be usable, but I need seats for the other 3 kids.

I'm not sure whether I should be giving the Radians to the younger kids and buying seats for the older ones, or the opposite. Obviously I would be buying new seats when the Radians expire anyway.

I've been looking at the Monterey for the older kids, but I'm not sure if I should be figuring for Pacifica or Rainier for the others. They won't need to be 3-across, if we do manage to get a passenger van.

This is jumbled. Sorry! The kids measurements are current as of today. Any suggestions? I'd like to have an idea of what I'm looking for so I can catch some sales.

ADS

Mary_Ann

I'm out of the loop and need new car seats for my kids. We had 4 Radians (expiring this year and 2018) but haven't had a vehicle in a while so ...

We'll be moving across the country in a few months, a 60 hour drive. We'll also be driving 8 hours round-trip to the big city at least once per month, probably more often than that. We'll hopefully have a passenger van, but that will depend upon what we can find when it comes time. Two of my Radians will still be usable, but I need seats for the other 3 kids.

I'm not sure whether I should be giving the Radians to the younger kids and buying seats for the older ones, or the opposite. Obviously I would be buying new seats when the Radians expire anyway.

I've been looking at the Monterey for the older kids, but I'm not sure if I should be figuring for Pacifica or Rainier for the others. They won't need to be 3-across, if we do manage to get a passenger van.

This is jumbled. Sorry! The kids measurements are current as of today. Any suggestions? I'd like to have an idea of what I'm looking for so I can catch some sales.

I'm on the app and can't see your signature. If you could provide the information, I'd be happy to help :)

lgenne

I'm on the app and can't see your signature. If you could provide the information, I'd be happy to help :)

I can see most of the signature in Tapatalk. I think it should be enough:

98beada71e8b4ee2a6550aca6f1470ca.jpg

lgenne

I would get boosters for the oldest 3. It's doubtful the 10 year old would fit in a Radian at all.

I'd forward face the 5 year old in one Radian and rear face the 18 month old in the other, assuming you can get a good install in whatever vehicle you get.

Three&Counting

Sorry, I didn't realize signatures didn't show.

What lgenne posted is right.
G (10 years) 53.5" / 55.5lb
R (8 years) & M (7 years), both 46.5" / 44.5lb
S (5 years) 41" / 35lb & K (18 months) 30" / 21.5lb

No, I don't think my 10 year old would fit in a Radian. I do think they'd work for my 7 & 8 year old though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC