Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Any experience with Amica?

I was rear ended yesterday (damage to my car is minimal, I drive a 7 pass. Suv, she was in a Mini Cooper). I had two unoccupied graco clones in the car. The rep over the phone said she'd have to look into PA laws, but they don't always replace them in NJ (seem to be following NHTSA rather than manufacturer). I've never had a company tell me anything other than buy the same thing or as close as possible, cut straps and send pics. I had to send my registration, and also sent a pic of the manual and page that says they must be replaced after any accident. I'm hoping that solves it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

Re: Any experience with Amica?

Quote Originally Posted by griffinej5 View Post
    I was rear ended yesterday (damage to my car is minimal, I drive a 7 pass. Suv, she was in a Mini Cooper). I had two unoccupied graco clones in the car. The rep over the phone said she'd have to look into PA laws, but they don't always replace them in NJ (seem to be following NHTSA rather than manufacturer). I've never had a company tell me anything other than buy the same thing or as close as possible, cut straps and send pics. I had to send my registration, and also sent a pic of the manual and page that says they must be replaced after any accident. I'm hoping that solves it.
    I can't say specifically about car seats, but I've had AMICA insurance for house and cars for years and years and years and they have consistently excellent customer service. My guess would be once they've gotten the info that they'll pay for replacement seats without too much of a fight. Good luck!
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

Moderator - CPS Technician

Good luck! In most states, insurance companies are not required by law to replace car seats after a crash, but most can be persuaded eventually.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Carseat Crazy

Luckily, once they got my info, they totally backed down off that argument. I was told to go buy the seats and send them a receipt for it. I've never had a company argue this with me before. We've been hit by a few travelers customers that I recall, and we have State Farm.