Any experience with Amica?

griffinej5

I was rear ended yesterday (damage to my car is minimal, I drive a 7 pass. Suv, she was in a Mini Cooper). I had two unoccupied graco clones in the car. The rep over the phone said she'd have to look into PA laws, but they don't always replace them in NJ (seem to be following NHTSA rather than manufacturer). I've never had a company tell me anything other than buy the same thing or as close as possible, cut straps and send pics. I had to send my registration, and also sent a pic of the manual and page that says they must be replaced after any accident. I'm hoping that solves it.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I was rear ended yesterday (damage to my car is minimal, I drive a 7 pass. Suv, she was in a Mini Cooper). I had two unoccupied graco clones in the car. The rep over the phone said she'd have to look into PA laws, but they don't always replace them in NJ (seem to be following NHTSA rather than manufacturer). I've never had a company tell me anything other than buy the same thing or as close as possible, cut straps and send pics. I had to send my registration, and also sent a pic of the manual and page that says they must be replaced after any accident. I'm hoping that solves it.

I can't say specifically about car seats, but I've had AMICA insurance for house and cars for years and years and years and they have consistently excellent customer service. My guess would be once they've gotten the info that they'll pay for replacement seats without too much of a fight. Good luck!

jjordan

Good luck! In most states, insurance companies are not required by law to replace car seats after a crash, but most can be persuaded eventually. :)

griffinej5

Luckily, once they got my info, they totally backed down off that argument. I was told to go buy the seats and send them a receipt for it. I've never had a company argue this with me before. We've been hit by a few travelers customers that I recall, and we have State Farm.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC