Question Which is safer on the interstate 100 miles per day...

I have a 100 mile per day commute on the interstate with a fairly high number of tractor trailers. My husband and I are getting ready to purchase a 2016 Toyota Camry LE. We already have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner. Which vehicle is better to take the kids with me to daycare in--the newer, smaller car or the older, larger/heavier car?
Thanks!

ADS

katymyers

Between those two the Camry would be safer. There are other new sedans that do better than the Camry though so if you haven't bought it yet I'd check out http://www.informedforlife.org/ and maybe look for something with higher ratings.
Here's the Camry, not terrible but still not as good as others in its class
26eb110c791e8b11566fd03dd0a0e320.jpg

And on here is the 4Runner
eff60955dc4487715fb8f20356a29a24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC