booster recommendation

CMeMeC

I'm looking for a booster seat for a 5.5 year old. His current seat expires this year, so I'd like to purchase one in the next few months. He's currently 40 lbs, not sure on height, but he's short, he does, however, have a long torso. It will be in an older envoy and ford f150, possibly a 2009 suburban or 2015 sedona. I'm a big recaro fan, but I also haven't purchased a car seat in years. I want something sturdy, well made, and easy to clean/durable fabric. Latch isn't a must, neither is a removable back. Budget is open. Thanks!

ADS

lgenne

The long torso/short legs thing is my 6.5 year old. He does well in his Parkway. He's actually grown some legs in the last year or so, but was very short legged when we first got it.

He's tall overall, though, if that makes a difference.

aeormsby

I really like our Recaro Performance Booster. DS wasn't much over 40lb and he's not a tall kid when we got it. It's very wide though and can cover up the buckle depending on the vehicle/seating position. DS eventually figured out how to scoot it over before he got in to make sure it wasn't covering the buckle.

CMeMeC

I've kind of been considering recaro probooster, chicco kidfit, evenflo rightfit, and britax parkway. Thoughts on those?

Kel

We're getting the Recaro Performance booster I think for our 6 yr old boy. My second runner up was the diono Monterey, but it needs head support.

I've heard the rightfit isn't all that great. Go to amazon and read the reviews. It seems the same issues are mentioned over and over. Shoulder belt slipping from the slot is one thing I noticed talked about a lot.

CMeMeC

We're getting the Recaro Performance booster I think for our 6 yr old boy. My second runner up was the diono Monterey, but it needs head support.

I've heard the rightfit isn't all that great. Go to amazon and read the reviews. It seems the same issues are mentioned over and over. Shoulder belt slipping from the slot is one thing I noticed talked about a lot.

Doesn't the Recaro also require head support? I have the older models (Vivo and probooster), so maybe it's changed, which would be great! I looked at the monterrey, but it looks flimsy online. The cambria looks nice, though.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The performance booster recommends head support when available but doesn't require. That goes for the probooster too.

Reactions: Kel

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Cambria does require head support.

My personal preference is the Recaro for fit and usage. But they are both nice.

Dillipop

Recaro performance booster or diono cambria? Which is better?

Recaro doesn't require head support from the vehicle. Diono does.

I've had a Monterey and a performance booster and they are both good seats. If they fit your kid and your vehicle, either one would be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMeMeC

Recaro doesn't require head support from the vehicle. Diono does.

I've had a Monterey and a performance booster and they are both good seats. If they fit your kid and your vehicle, either one would be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From a quality stand point, I like how sturdy the Recaro seats I have are (vivo and proboosters) and I like the fabric. How does the cambria compare in that respect?

Dillipop

From a quality stand point, I like how sturdy the Recaro seats I have are (vivo and proboosters) and I like the fabric. How does the cambria compare in that respect?

I'm not sure. The monterey I had was quite sturdy. And the fabric held up well. It was a softer material than the recaro fabric on my performance booster.

I assume the Cambria is also sturdy and has decent fabric.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC