Rebound control?

Kel

Hello!
I'm picking out a new seat and am wondering about rebound control. For instance, on top of my list are the Rainier that can RF tether and the Britax clicktight convertibles that I can order an arb for. BUT, seats like the Graco extend 2 fit, witch looks great, don't have either.

So...how important is rebound control? Isn't it mandatory in Canada? Do they have different testing then us?

Also, I DON'T have advanced air bags, so no worries there.

ADS

Aurezalia

I think a lot of seats are getting rebound control built into the design of the shell. Like, Chicco says the Nextfit has rebound control because the way the front of the seat sits against the back of the vehicle seat when it's installed.
I'm pretty sure other seats that don't explicitly say they have it have some degree of rebound control because of their shape, like the Sureride. I haven't seen the E2F in person but from what I've seen online I bet it also falls in that category. It is mandatory in Canada, but seats like the Nextfit pass without any changes iirc.

Anyway, I wouldn't rule out a seat just because it doesn't have rebound control. I like it, but I don't think it's *necessary*. Actually, at the moment I have a Sureride, a TFP (the true fit with the ARB), and a Milestone which has the least amount of rebound control but is actually the only one I'm using RF!

I'd narrow it down to seats you LIKE, and then if all else is equal, go for one with rebound control over ones that don't. But honestly between your top choices I'd go for an E2F!

Reactions: Kel

Kel

Thank you! Our last child used a Graco My Ride RFing and it was great. That's why I started looking at the Graco seats again.

I've heard the the diono seats also pass without it? Witch I find odd since its made so different..any thoughts on that? Maybe because it's lower on the seat to begin with? My hold up on it is that while it has RF tether, I'm not sure about its SIP. I don't have side air bags.

featherhead

I think a lot of seats are getting rebound control built into the design of the shell. Like, Chicco says the Nextfit has rebound control because the way the front of the seat sits against the back of the vehicle seat when it's installed.

I'm pretty sure other seats that don't explicitly say they have it have some degree of rebound control because of their shape, like the Sureride. I haven't seen the E2F in person but from what I've seen online I bet it also falls in that category. It is mandatory in Canada, but seats like the Nextfit pass without any changes iirc.

Anyway, I wouldn't rule out a seat just because it doesn't have rebound control. I like it, but I don't think it's *necessary*. Actually, at the moment I have a Sureride, a TFP (the true fit with the ARB), and a Milestone which has the least amount of rebound control but is actually the only one I'm using RF!

I'd narrow it down to seats you LIKE, and then if all else is equal, go for one with rebound control over ones that don't. But honestly between your top choices I'd go for an E2F!

A lot of our seats (Graco, Dorel, Evenflo) have bolsters added on the front. So they are actually different than US seats. We do not have the NextFit yet, so we don't know if it will need added bolsters or not.

Reactions: Kel

Kel

Do any seats pass "as is" in Canada without the adding bolsters?

Ugh...why can't I just walk into a store and grab a seat like a normal person, lol.

Aurezalia

A lot of our seats (Graco, Dorel, Evenflo) have bolsters added on the front. So they are actually different than US seats. We do not have the NextFit yet, so we don't know if it will need added bolsters or not.

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know they had additional bolsters!
I don't understand why they don't just manufacture all their seats in the one shape with bolsters, I imagine it would actually be cheaper for them to not have to make different seats!

featherhead

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know they had additional bolsters!

I don't understand why they don't just manufacture all their seats in the one shape with bolsters, I imagine it would actually be cheaper for them to not have to make different seats!

Yeah, you would think so!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC