Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Airplane Seat Maxi Cosi Pria 70

About to travel on an airplane for the first time with my twins and am wondering if my 2 Maxi Cosi Pria 70 will fit rear facing and what hardware I will need to install.
    Thanks
    Jay

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Personally I wouldn't travel with those seats, they are heavy and bulky. How old and how much do your twins weigh? Do you have budget for new travel seats? I would suggest the Scenera Next, it's lightweight, easy to install, and fairly cheap. Not the longest lasting of seats but it will last until 40 inches and 40 pounds rear facing, so it will last the average child until around 4 rear facing.
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

CPS Fanatic

Re: Airplane Seat Maxi Cosi Pria 70

That's also the rear facing limits of the Pria.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    How old and how heavy are the children?

Carseat Crazy

You won't need anything extra to install them, but they may not both fit. If it's just you then I think you'd have to put them side by side with you in the aisle seat and I don't think they'd fit. If it's you and your partner/spouse and you are in different rows each with a twin then they should both fit. Front to pack on a plane a Pria should fit. I've flown with a rearfacing Britax Marathon and our Pria is more compact then the Marathon.

A Pria also most likely won't fit down the aisle so you'd have to hoist the seats up over the back of the plane seats. Some airlines will let you board early with car seats and some will not. If you have to board with people already on the plane (this happened to me once) it's extremely difficult with large heavy seats and little children.

If your budget is tight I'd still get 1 Next, and only use 1 Pria. Even if the Pria's were both going to fit it would be pretty difficult to fly with 2. If you have the budget <$100...I'd get 2 Next's.

Twin mama sara

I am wondering if you flew with the two Pria 70s. I have twins and want to travel by myself with them in October. I really prefer these car seats for comfort for my twins wondering if you did it? I don't want to buy another set of car seats we already have two sets of Prias.