Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Best case for iphone

I need a specific one. I know there is Griffin and Otterbox, but they make different kinds and the ones I have seen are no better looking than the cheap ones.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    What are you looking for? Something thin that will fit in a pocket? Something industrial-strength that will survive getting run over by a train? Something cute and fun?

Carseat Crazy

Re: Best case for iphone

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    What are you looking for? Something thin that will fit in a pocket? Something industrial-strength that will survive getting run over by a train? Something cute and fun?

I was wondering the same things. I have a tech21 case with the orange band around the edge. It's a really great case! Not waterproof but other wise I love it! Plus it's not uber expensive!

Senior Community Member

I would like something more on the industrial-strength side please.

Carseat Crazy

I really like Otterbox. DH uses the Defender series ones and I use the Symmetry or Commuter series. All 3 protect really well - even the Symmetry! I drop my phone a lot.
    Allie, Mom to
    DS (1.6.2012) riding in a Frontier
    DD (2.2.2014) riding in a 4Ever & Boulevard

Lifeproof Fre'
    Thin
    Waterproof
    Shockproof
    DH has dropped his iPhone in a lifeproof case off a 2 story roof and it didn't damage the phone at all!!
    Edited to say they also have a 12 month warranty on the case so if the case gets damaged from protecting the phone Lifeproof will send you a new one.
    Blessed Mama to
    DD1 T 29 months RF - Britax Advocate
    DD2 J 6 months RF - Britax B Safe

Second the otterbox defender (look on Amazon for them occasionally going for lots cheaper. I think I got 4 for under $25 at various times (I like to mix and match colors)). I work in a factory and drop and drop kick my phone all the time. I never worry about it. 3.5 years and not a single scratch or imperfection on my phone.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

I have the 6 Plus. I first got an Apple case which was fine. Then I got an Otter Box Symmetry just because I liked the pretty flowers. It makes my phone bigger than the Apple case but I've dropped my phone many times and it's still intact. I'm amazed to tell you the truth. Oh, I do have a glass screen protector thing on it though.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

Definitely Otterbox Defender. I had my 4S in one for years and its pristine. I recently got an SE with a Tech21 exo mesh case. Hate that. Got a Lifeproof Nuud and hate that too. Waiting for the defender to come back in stock in pink.
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

I used the Otterbox Defender for years and loved it. It sustained multiple incidents of an angry toddler hucking it onto concrete without so much as a slight mark. I tend to drop my phone a lot as well and 3 years later, it still looked like new.
    I currently am using an Otterbox commuter which is nice and a bit smaller. It doesn't feel as sturdy but my phone doesn't tend to get thrown anymore and it is holding up well for all of the times that I drop it.

Jacqui - mom to: DS; 4.5yrs (50lbs, 46", Diono Radian RXT), DD; 12yrs (5'2, 5-stepping)

Senior Community Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Otterbox Defender. Thanks all

This Christmas I switched to the Otterbox Commuter from the Defender. Ordered a custom colored case from Otterbox, so it was a legit case. My phone slid off a cookbook and landed perfectly flat and face down. I was shocked when I turned it over and my screen was cracked. My Defender had handled MUCH worse without damage. I'm going back to the Defender.
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

I was a diehard Otterbox Defender lover...but had to return the one I got for my iphone 6 as some of my charging cords wouldn't fit in it. It drove me nuts! So I now have a Speck candy shell case and a glass screen protector and it's holding up fine.
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

Senior Community Member

R's friend has an Otterbox Defender and it doesn't fit her phone right, she said she got it like that. I ordered one from Walmart, quick delivery, easy return, and cheap. I have a video of a bunch of cases dropped from like 200, or more, feet, I haven't really checked those yet.

I'm really upset, she has an ipod touch 6, it's in a case but she had it in her back pocket and slipped on the stairs, the casing bent. I bought the insurance, but it only covers what I paid, crazy sales and discounts, so to replace it I have to fork out $100. No mad.

So even though the iphone se is thicker, i really need to protect it.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by HEVY View Post
    R's friend has an Otterbox Defender and it doesn't fit her phone right, she said she got it like that.
    This happened to me when I ordered from Amazon. I returned it and ordered direct from Otterbox.
    Allie, Mom to

Carseat Crazy

I just saw a bunch of Otterbox Defenders at Marshalls for $22 & $29. Might be worth a check if you have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx in your area!
    Allie, Mom to

Senior Community Member

WeWe don't have any close by. But I did order from Walmart, ugly gray tho.