Flying with 4.5 year old

sunnydayz

We are traveling this summer with our 4.5 year old who is 42" and 42lbs.

I was planning on using our Turbo Booster until I realized our flight gets in in the middle of the night, and we have an hour car ride to our destination. I don't think dd will be able to stay properly positioned and awake in the middle of the night.

What are some narrow harnessed seat recommendations? Harmony defender, Maestro?
Needs to have high harness slots (dd is on top slots on Radian), narrow profile, and easy to install as I will be installing it in a rental in the middle of the night.

ADS

sunnydayz

I have an old (not expired) Radian XTSL, Boulevard Clicktight, Boulevard G3. All are too heavy and bulky.

I need to fit 3 kids in the back of a rental car. Other two are not in car seats , but will complain if they are squished by something bulky in the middle.

I think the Graco Atlas is going to be too bulky.

sunnydayz

I purchased an Evenflo Securekid DLX yesterday. Amazon has them for $98 now. I liked the supposed ease of the auto tightening latch. It's fairly light too.

Hoping it works!!

bnsnyde

I think Securekid. I actually cannot think of anything else more ideal at the moment.
That's what I would use for travel.
Narrow, too.

We cannot use latch. Honda at 40 lbs. says seatbelt install only.
But the latch does not look easy and seatbelt install is soooooo easy with that seat it's great! And with latch I always worry about getting them out again!

SavsMom

Evenflo SureRide. It is hands down one of my favorite travel seats. Lightweight, easy install, high harness height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC