• Try out the Signo - You have the shipping insurance

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Get a Boulevard - You know it works.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Other - List below

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

dluciew

All these posts about Recaro have got me worried. I still have a Signo on pre-order from elitecarseat. Do you still have faith? What should I do?

ADS

brightredmtn

Did you order it when it was listed at the wrong price? If so I'd hold out if you are getting a great deal. Otherwise I really love our Blvd. I've never seen a Signo in person but I've seen and played around with a Como and I was even happier I got a Britax.

steph

I voted other.

To be honest before a few days ago I would have said BV hands down. After seeing my son in it upright more I'm not sure that it is such a great option for FF (I LOVE it for RF though).

I voted other because if you are going to have more kiddos and pass the BV down (essentially only using it RF, which is our plan) than I would go for that. If not I would wait a little bit (unless you need a seat right now). The Britax Advocate comes out in December and the head wings are suppose to be like the Diplomat or wait until you can see a Recaro at a store.

Don't know if that helped our not................:p

steph

They seem to be like the Diplomat which appear to be wider and not as far forward. I actually just posted a new thread asking Diplomat owners to weigh in!!!!!

tl01

How badly do you need a seat? If you need the seat now, then I'd go with the Boulevard. I have a Como and a Boulevard and despite the Como's issues, I do prefer it. My DS's head is pushed forward in the Boulevard which is the reason I purchased the Como. I think the Signo has the potential to be a great seat. Recaro is aware of the issues with the seats and they do seem to be working on solutions. If you can wait a bit more, then I'd see how the Signo works out. Then you will know that you made a choice btwn the two seats having seen them both.:twocents:

ThreeBeans

I voted the Boulevard purely because Recaro seems to be completed fubared as far as their new seats are concerned. I don't trust them right now.

ZephyrBlue

I have both the Como and BV and, trust me, you want the BV. Besides the really obvious things like ease of installation and lock-offs that WORK (and a RF tether), there is the issue of customer service; if there is something wrong with your seat, you don't want to be leaving messages for 3 days before some CSR finally calls you back, promises an answer by the end of the business day and leaves you hanging. I strongly suspect that the non functional lock-offs are going to cause a recall, and since they are supposidly the same on the Como and Signo, it is only logical that the Signo may very well be recalled, too.

katiebug

I've used both the BV & the Signo & the Boulevard has a slight advantage as far as ease of install & the headwings are slightly less confining. I definititely prefer the buckle & Hugs on the BV. I like the RF tether too - but the Signo does work better behind DH because his seat can go back farther. I think it's slightly easier to get DD in & out of the BV as well (she's RF)
So I voted BV. I think Recaro needs some time to work out the kinks.
That said, the shipping insurance from elite is great, so it couldn't hurt to try if you really have your heart set on it. I've used it. It's very convenient & they are super speedy about refunding your $$$.

arly1983

I listed other because after actually using both seats (BV and Como) I choose neither....

At least until the trufit or something better comes along, Camille is in an Evenflo Triumph Advance.

If something else better comes out, my mom will be getting this ETA since it fits all three of her grandkids, if not she will get another ETA.

There are a couple of reasons I choose that that are unique to our situation: her wide shoulder were already scrunched in an MA, her big head is pushed to forward even when RFing in the BV(though her shoulders are not scrunched) and well, you know about the Como problems and her high weight made me want something with 35 lb RFing limit.

So if it were me, I would wait as long as I could before I had to buy anything and out of the two you mentioned I would get a BV, hands down.

dluciew

I did pre-order the signo at $259. That's the only reason I'd hold out on it. I have a FPSVD as a backup but I tried installing it with Latch in DH's Denali but I think I need to do the seat belt install. So far I've gotten away with just having the Blvd installed in my Saturn Vue but I think with the winter coming I want a second seat installed permenantly in his car. I always thought the Signo would be that seat but I am starting to think otherwise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC