Fllo Forward facing or Combination seat?

cookie123

Ha ha. Auto correct made Fllo into flu. :)

Anyway, I'm going to be having Griffin more and I probably should have returned the Fllo when I saw it wouldn't work rfing with someone in the passenger seat. But I got such a good deal on it and figured other grandchildren would be able to use it later.... And he's been ffing in the parent's cars since they came home from their trip in April.

So, has anyone used their Fllo ffing and how do you like it? Or should I get a combination seat. I have an issue with that because I don't want click tight really. I had a Frontier before and sold it, it was wrecking my seat belt. The Pioneer comments have me afraid of the install. Head slump for the Nautilus and continuous harness for the Secure Kid. I'm not sure I'd like the belt path on the Recaro. I don't think there's anything for me. Ideas?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Well, I have, like, six different FF-only seats hanging around, and I bought a fllo for my FF kid. I would never (ok, in rare situations) recommend someone buy a convertible they were never going to use rear-facing, but that's what I did. Because sock monkeys.

Personally, I love it forward-facing, mainly because of the smooth harness adjuster. And also the monkeys.

Dillipop

I used my foonf more forward facing than rearfacing. I was sad when dd outgrew it forward, as it was so easy to use. I'd use the FILO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kel

I always prefer a convertible FFing over a combination seat. I like the option of having a RFing seat if needed. I'm not sure why people consider it a waste to by a convertible if your not using RF. Most of us here don't use the large combination seats as high back boosters anyway, so your still paying for something you probably won't use. And you've got future grandchildren to pass it down to.

Unless you really do need super high top slots, then that's different.

cookie123

I always prefer a convertible FFing over a combination seat. I like the option of having a RFing seat if needed. I'm not sure why people consider it a waste to by a convertible if your not using RF. Most of us here don't use the large combination seats as high back boosters anyway, so your still paying for something you probably won't use. And you've got future grandchildren to pass it down to.

Unless you really do need super high top slots, then that's different.

Maybe I will need higher slots, but I don't now. As soon as it gets a little nicer out I'll get out there and see how a ffing install goes.

jwilliams

My Fllo is probably going to spend more of its life FF. The smooth adjuster and skinny footprint are big advantages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnsnyde

I'd use the Fllo but I refuse to use it in the middle and block my view. Our Fllo is still RF but wow, like butter to adjust!!!

Clicktight was hard on my seatbelt too and sold that.

cookie123

Well, I have, like, six different FF-only seats hanging around, and I bought a fllo for my FF kid. I would never (ok, in rare situations) recommend someone buy a convertible they were never going to use rear-facing, but that's what I did. Because sock monkeys.

Personally, I love it forward-facing, mainly because of the smooth harness adjuster. And also the monkeys.

I'm jealous you have sock monkeys. I have black. It's pretty boring.

I'd use the Fllo but I refuse to use it in the middle and block my view. Our Fllo is still RF but wow, like butter to adjust!!!

Clicktight was hard on my seatbelt too and sold that.

I'm planning outboard. Things don't install well center. My Prius has a little hump and slippery leather seats.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I also had black, but bought a monkey cover. I wouldn't recommend it. The cover is awesome; the seat is awesome, but changing the cover on that thing isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC