Seriously car seat manufactures....

Kobain's Mommy

I was at Target today and noticed a new highchair. When I stared reading the tag on the front my jaw dropped. It's Baby Trend and you can take the seat off to click your infant seat into it. So they recommend to not have baby in an infant seat all the time, but make things to make it easier to keep baby into it all the time. I don't know what is worse, this or the Graco two swings that the seat could go into. While the Graco travel swing would make it nice while traveling, you know many parents used it at home in place of a swing.

Attachments

• image-1338726378.jpg
    image-1338726378.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 115
ADS

MamaChirpy

This is so sad. Let's make it where parents won't even have to pick up Baby.

[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbertbobbert

Are they suggesting just using it as a car seat stand or actually using it to feed baby while in the car seat? The latter sounds so disgusting. Babies aren't known to be tidy eaters.

katymyers

Are they suggesting just using it as a car seat stand or actually using it to feed baby while in the car seat? The latter sounds so disgusting. Babies aren't known to be tidy eaters.

I'm guessing it's meant to be a car seat stand. There's a huge trend in baby gear to increase usefulness right now, previously high chairs were really only useful when your baby started solids, they're trying to make them useable from birth on.

ETA: like this one from Graco that has a removable bouncer seat for a newborn. Better than the car seat at least. http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/sous-chef-seating-system-arcadia.aspx

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm guessing it's meant to be a car seat stand. There's a huge trend in baby gear to increase usefulness right now, previously high chairs were really only useful when your baby started solids, they're trying to make them useable from birth on.

ETA: like this one from Graco that has a removable bouncer seat for a newborn. Better than the car seat at least. http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/sous-chef-seating-system-arcadia.aspx

Yep. If they can make the gear seem useful right away, people are more likely to buy it. They are more likely to put it on their registries rather than wait until later -- and they are more likely to overlook other problems with it if they get the impression that it can "do" more.

Kobain's Mommy

If I was pregnant and didn't already have the Graco Blossom, I'd so buy that high chair. But it's got a bouncer on it, not having you use your infant car seat. And I get multi function, but where I get irritated is the using the carrier in the product. Babies typically spend a lot of time in the infant seats; in the car and out and about in a "travel system." And that alone seems too much sometimes. But the Baby Trend high chair has you even use it in your home. When we got home from where ever we were baby came out of the seat. Some times into bed, sometime held, sometimes into a bouncer or swing, but the infant seat was kept by the door.

cookie123

I kind of like multi function baby things like the swing/bouncy seat combo, but I don't think a car seat stand is really necessary. Does it really matter if the kid is in the car seat vs the bouncy seat or other baby holders? Maybe the bouncy seat is a little more reclined?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC