I wondered when someone would say this!

tjham

We just had another baby left to die in the car here in the Phoenix area. So a few days ago, someone had a Vent in the newspaper to say it's the governments fault for making people put their babies in the back seat, that if they were in front, they wouldn't be forgotten. Oy vey! :rolleyes:

ADS

mykidsmylife

That is so stupid. If parents weren't so ignorant there kids wouldnt be forgotten. I mean seriously who the heck goes 8 hrs w/o thinking about thier child?
Can you imagine that child sitting in that car screaming and crying and nobody saw or heard. Someone said she had tinted windows, well maybe if they changed the law where you couldnt have such dark tint.

I jsut cant imagine that child sitting in that car roasting, screaming, crying while his body bruned from the inside out and the mom never though about him. Give me a break!

I hope she rots in jail! Or better yet strap her in a car and make her sit there and go trough what her dd did.
UGH!

Last edited:

ajnashmom

That is a total stretch!

The last couple of people that did this with their children did not go to jail.

but the K-9 officer that mistakenly left his dog in the police car, was charged and arrested.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
We just had another baby left to die in the car here in the Phoenix area. So a few days ago, someone had a Vent in the newspaper to say it's the governments fault for making people put their babies in the back seat, that if they were in front, they wouldn't be forgotten. Oy vey! :rolleyes:

This case was completely her sault IMHO. She even said she normally drops him off at daycare on her way to work. Why would today be any differnt. JMO.

Was there malice? Was there intent to leave the child in the car, even for a short period, knowing the possible consequences? I need a link to the story to read up on it, but I don't equate accidental negligence with murder.

Jordynsmama

Oh wow. just WOW. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard in my life. Its the governments fault a chick didnt think about her baby for 7 hours?? Umm no. And I dont think there is always such thing as "accidental" negligence. Sometimes yes. Most of the time nope. You can forget milk in the car, or your keys, or even your dog-which sadly more kids probably die than dogs-but your own human child whom should be pretty much your life? Did she mean to kill him? maybe or maybe not. I am not in her head. Either she had serious mental and depression issues which is a real problem and can account for a lot, or she just didnt love or care about her son all that much. And there are people who just dont care about their kids "that much". I know a couple.
I think she needs help above anything and some jail time for involuntary manslaughter if it was an "accident".

Jordynsmama

That is a total stretch!

The last couple of people that did this with their children did not go to jail.

but the K-9 officer that mistakenly left his dog in the police car, was charged and arrested.

Ha! Why am i not surprised? Because people can forget a human and everyone acts like it is so easily done. But a dog??? No way. That is unthinkable.:whistle::mad:

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
"but the K-9 officer that mistakenly left his dog in the police car, was charged and arrested."

And rightly so. From the media reports, even though his ds was in some sort of accident (I don't know if it was traffic-related or not), the officer came home, took a nap, putzed around his house and did other things while his dog roasted in his vehicle. Someone in his house should have realized that dog wasn't in there, most of all him since he was his constant companion.

Many parents forget their infants in the car because of a break in routine and extreme fatigue. There are some, for sure, who purposely leave their children in the car and they should be prosecuted.

We've had this discussion before, so let's remember to keep it civil please.

wondering1

In some jurisdictions police dogs are considered to be police officers in law so that any penalty that can be applied to the assault of a human police officer can also apply to an assault on a police dog.

The above is from Wikipedia.

MsFacetious

I believe this new case in Phoenix, (if it was the Hooters one... if not, that's the one I'm thinking of!) the kid had been with grandma for the week before. She had forgotten him a few days before because she was out of the habit of dropping him off after him spending a week with grandma. But that time she remembered quickly. The Dad wanted full custody because the Mom said she just couldn't handle the kid, he was a burden, ect. The Mom wouldn't give him full custody. There was allegations that she didn't want the kid, didn't enjoy having him but didn't want to pay child support. As long as she had custody she got child support. If Dad had custody he would get it from her...

It's all nuts to me... but I always have my kids in the car with me. I rarely go anywhere without them. So it's a total habit for me to have them. I have actually freaked out more than once when I turned around and they weren't with me... lol Thought I left them at home or something. :)

But I do know there are sometimes when it happens. My Sister in law and brother in law never have a set schedule of who takes the baby to daycare, ect. I swear they are going to forget her one of these days...

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Last I heard she was still in jail, but that was a couple days after it happened. I understand it *can* happen accidentaly, but I think there is alot more involved because of the custody dispute.

ThreeBeans

Last I heard she was still in jail, but that was a couple days after it happened. I understand it *can* happen accidentaly, but I think there is alot more involved because of the custody dispute.

Yeah. I hate to say it, but I think there was an element here of 'accidentally on purpose' :mad:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Yeah. I hate to say it, but I think there was an element here of 'accidentally on purpose' :mad:

That was exactly how I felt about it too. Really very sad. She must now know that in AZ if you specifically request not to pay child support and the other party aggrees it can be waived. I did that wiht my now 13 to son. We have joint custody, so it may be different. WHen I gave him priamary I told his dad that I would not pay cs. He agreed and the judge agreed as well.

ajnashmom

"but the K-9 officer that mistakenly left his dog in the police car, was charged and arrested."

And rightly so. From the media reports, even though his ds was in some sort of accident (I don't know if it was traffic-related or not), the officer came home, took a nap, putzed around his house and did other things while his dog roasted in his vehicle. Someone in his house should have realized that dog wasn't in there, most of all him since he was his constant companion.

Many parents forget their infants in the car because of a break in routine and extreme fatigue. There are some, for sure, who purposely leave their children in the car and they should be prosecuted.

We've had this discussion before, so let's remember to keep it civil please.

I hear you, I really do. From what I understand The Dog was normally kept in a kennel outside the home. Because it is a working dog they do not reside in the home. A kennel is built in the backyard (standard policy) and this is where they thought the Dog was. The officer was coming off a grave yard overtime shift that normally the Dog did not accompany him to. This time he took the Dog and then the accident happened and then the rest of the events.

It sounds to me that this officer too had a break in routine and knowing the hours they work probably some extreme fatigue too.

Either way, both stories and all stories like it are very sad. :(

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The above is from Wikipedia.

I'm not saying that what was quoted was untrue -- but my college does not allow wikipedia to be used as a resource :twocents: because pretty much ANYONE can edit their pages :whistle: (& I know of some homeschool hooligans for whom that is great fun :p)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC