Subaru Outback vs Forester 2016

98hokie

Starting a new thread to ask about these cars We have 3 kids--11, 8 in booster, 18 months erf. We did not have the 2 older kids with us when we saw the Forester, but the salesman said the Outback is 1" wider. Since it's taller and the hump in the rear floor is shorter, it seems less cramped for seating the kids. Does anyone know if it will work?
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Athena

Has the 16 been changed from the 15? I know the 15 outback was slightly wider than the 15 Forester, as you've indicated the 16 is. However, the Forester won for internal height. With 2 kids and some very tall family members, the height was more important, so we chose the Forester. But for your 3 child situation, it sounds like the outback would win. :) Definitely make sure you take the whole family with boosters/car seats and try it for real before signing anything! Good luck!

SavsMom

The rear seat in the Outback is definitely more 3 across friendly it also has more leg space so rear facing seats have some extra room without having to move the front seats forward.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
In your situation I would lean towards the Outback and I wouldn't buy either until you've tried out your seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC