Anyone else get their MiFold today?

ADS

sumroy

Hey guys ... Jon, mifold CEO here ...

HOW EXCITING IS THIS!!

The first deliveries actually arrived before we expected so this is cool. I am actually going to be in the NYC area later this week, meeting some of the first recipients so look out for great photos in our social media.

For some reason, I am blocked from seeing any of the photos that you are posting, so if anyone can help please unblock me (Kecia, Jennie, Andrea, Heather??)

We have already had quite a few kids living with mifold for a while now - since we launched to all the CPSTs at Lifesavers 2016 in Long Beach - and they love it!

The belt route is unusual but as most of you now know (from my Safe Kids Webinar and from the Lifesavers presentation) it is a excellent lap belt fit and we have a provisional BEST BET rating from the IIHS. Anyone who would like to see the presentation on that, please send an email to support@mifold.com and we'll be happy to share it.

This final launch version of mifold for the USA is significantly redesigned for the video we published last year ... in part due to lots of input from you guys on car-seat.org ... so thanks once again for all your interest, care, support and love ... we appreciate it.

To everyone who has received theirs ... enjoy the freedom with safety that mifold offers you ... you can get back to spontaneity.

For everyone else, thank you for your patience ... we are working flat out to manufacture the huge number of products that were pre-ordered.

Keep the comments, photos, videos and more coming ...

Kind regards

Jon S

sunflower

Has anyone else received theirs? Being in Canada, I received the option for a refund, due to it not being ready yet for the Canadian market. (lovely language laws) I ordered 2, so I would like to hear a few more opinions before keeping/ cancelling.

Thanks

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hey guys ... Jon, mifold CEO here ...

HOW EXCITING IS THIS!!

The first deliveries actually arrived before we expected so this is cool. I am actually going to be in the NYC area later this week, meeting some of the first recipients so look out for great photos in our social media.

For some reason, I am blocked from seeing any of the photos that you are posting, so if anyone can help please unblock me (Kecia, Jennie, Andrea, Heather??)

We have already had quite a few kids living with mifold for a while now - since we launched to all the CPSTs at Lifesavers 2016 in Long Beach - and they love it!

The belt route is unusual but as most of you now know (from my Safe Kids Webinar and from the Lifesavers presentation) it is a excellent lap belt fit and we have a provisional BEST BET rating from the IIHS. Anyone who would like to see the presentation on that, please send an email to support@mifold.com and we'll be happy to share it.

This final launch version of mifold for the USA is significantly redesigned for the video we published last year ... in part due to lots of input from you guys on car-seat.org ... so thanks once again for all your interest, care, support and love ... we appreciate it.

To everyone who has received theirs ... enjoy the freedom with safety that mifold offers you ... you can get back to spontaneity.

For everyone else, thank you for your patience ... we are working flat out to manufacture the huge number of products that were pre-ordered.

Keep the comments, photos, videos and more coming ...

Kind regards

Jon S
What is pictured in these photos is not an excellent belt fit. (To see the photos you may need to try a different device? Don't know why but some people were having trouble.) Vehicles are going to vary in how a particular booster positions The belt and it will vary from kid to kid as well. I look forward to seeing pictures of more kids in more vehicles. As it stands from these it's not a product I'd personally buy, but perhaps fit is better in other vehicles?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Jon, can you address why it is that the belt on the femurs and not in contact with the hips is acceptable? I know that you have said that it is "unusual" but "excellent." Does this mean that you have some data that says that seatbelt making contact with the thighs instead of the hips is safe(r)? I think it is going to be a hard sell for folks to accept this belt fit unless you have data to support that it is safe to have the lap belt not make contact with he hip bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aporthole

The second set of pics with the kid in the bright blue clothes actually looks like really good fit. It is pretty much the textbook fit for IIHS's optimal rating.

Attachments

• Booster lap fit.png
    Booster lap fit.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 162

Lemonade

My kids are really thin. My 10 yr old being 3rd %ile. So a more average or husky child may not have the belt issues...

Interested in seeing other kids/car combos

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hi Jon, I think I resolved the issue with your account. Please let me know if it is working now, thanks! Also, if you are a CPST, please send me your tech number and I will set you up with technician access as well.

aporthole

Why then do people look for slightly higher?
[/i][/size]

There is such a thing as too low down the thighs. The IIHS rating system has a chart with optimal range. If it is too far down on the thighs with an actual gap between the belt and the pelvis, that isn't ideal as the child's hips will slide forward to meet the lap belt. Touching the hips but belt on the thighs is ideal.

tl01

The second set of pics with the kid in the bright blue clothes actually looks like really good fit. It is pretty much the textbook fit for IIHS's optimal rating.
The first posted photo in the thread makes the belt look further down the legs than the good photo here that you posted...but that is just my opinion.

Kel

Where can these be purchased at? I bought an incognito for my 9 yr old. Its just ok. Thinking I'd like to try something different.

Dillipop

Where can these be purchased at? I bought an incognito for my 9 yr old. Its just ok. Thinking I'd like to try something different.

They are still in preorder mode at indiegogo. They are shipping the original preorders now, then the later preorders, then the newest preorders. I would guess newest orders will take until the end of the summer to ship.

Kel

Thank you. I'm going to look at some more pics before I order. I also think the fit looks low, but I'm not in love with the incognito either...although it's working.
Maybe some will go on fsot, lol.

christineka

There is another graph on the iihs site that makes it sound like flat on the legs is not okay. I would like to know the answer as I've recently been trying out boosters for my kids. One in particular has the lap belt across the legs, not touching the curvy part of the child at all. It looks wrong to me.
boosterbeltiihs_zpsgtoh1cvo.png

cookie123

There is another graph on the iihs site that makes it sound like flat on the legs is not okay. I would like to know the answer as I've recently been trying out boosters for my kids. One in particular has the lap belt across the legs, not touching the curvy part of the child at all. It looks wrong to me.
boosterbeltiihs_zpsgtoh1cvo.png

Interestingly the green says it's flat on the thighs but is clearly not.

sunflower

Has anyone else received it to post opinions of how it fits?

Jon, do you have the time to come on and respond?

My almost 10 year old is really excited for it.

Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC