Canadian convertibles

biddyk8

I'm starting to look around at the convertible options, there are some new ones since Dd1 was little.
Dd2 is so far tall (85%) but skinny (15%) so the opposite as Dd1 who was long torso but overall short and heavy.

Goal is min of 3. What are the tallest seats atm still foonf and radians? Or are the new gracos taller? As I think with this one I can make 35lb limit work. We have a peg in one car just need a second. If foonf etc still tallest Dd1 is being bumped from her sureride lol.

ADS

featherhead

According to the comparison charts on the blog, the Graco seats are about the same height as the Foonf. I noticed on the TRU website that we are getting the 4ever in summer some time. That one is apparently taller. The Britax seats are also taller, but have very limited leg room.

biddyk8

Will need by August at the latest I think, (we are over 26inches already) although could probably swap seats around for awhile if needed until the weather got bad. I wonder what the price point of the 4 ever will be and hopefully it will get a 40lb limit.

The contender would win over the foonf etc purely due to price difference.

marciemp

I have a Gravo My Ride that we use rear facing for my almost 4.5 year old who is 35 pounds and between 40 and 41 inches tall. She has plenty of seat shell a over her head (3-4 inches) and it can be used to 40 pounds rear facing. She is very comfortable in it, plenty of leg room, and loves the dual cup holders! We got it at Costco online for a great price too.
Will need by August at the latest I think, (we are over 26inches already) although could probably swap seats around for awhile if needed until the weather got bad. I wonder what the price point of the 4 ever will be and hopefully it will get a 40lb limit.

The contender would win over the foonf etc purely due to price difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

LKuepfer

I have a Gravo My Ride that we use rear facing for my almost 4.5 year old who is 35 pounds and between 40 and 41 inches tall. She has plenty of seat shell a over her head (3-4 inches) and it can be used to 40 pounds rear facing. She is very comfortable in it, plenty of leg room, and loves the dual cup holders! We got it at Costco online for a great price too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just curious as I am looking to replace our My Ride which I love but expires this Dec. Don't the newer My Rides have a height limit now instead of the regular 1 inch from the head to top of the shell? I hope I am wrong......

featherhead

Just curious as I am looking to replace our My Ride which I love but expires this Dec. Don't the newer My Rides have a height limit now instead of the regular 1 inch from the head to top of the shell? I hope I am wrong......

I had heard that, but I haven't seen it for myself yet. They are also shorter than a lot of other seats (and lower top harness slots as well). I used to own a MyRide and really liked it. It was nice and supportive for sleeping.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor

It's there but it's weirdly worded, and Graco clarifies that it means you rear-face to within 1" of the top. Do contact them to confirm if you are worried.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC