Cosco Touriva vs Evenflo Tribute or Express?

U

Unregistered

Hi, I am looking for some advice. I have three children and drive a 2000 Toyota Sienna.

My oldest child is 7 and sits in a Cosco HB booster in the far back passenger side.

My middle child is 4, 31 lbs and sits in a FF Britax roundabout in the far back driver side.

My baby is 1, 16 lbs and is outgrowing her baby "bucket" seat. She sits in the far back middle position. She likes being there because she can play with her big sisters.

Our finances are really, really tight right now or I would go buy another Britax seat. However, I am being offered an Evenflo Tribute 5-pt or a Cosco Touriva 5-pt for the baby or an Evenflo Express w/ Harness for my 4 y.o. for $25. All are new and being offered through car seat safety programs for low-income families.

A friend of mine has the Cosco Touriva which fits in between the other seats quite well. I'm not very impressed with it though. It just seems flimsy. However, I'm comparing it to my Britax which is wonderful.

So, I am looking for any and all advice on which seat to get, seating positions, etc. Thanks! Dawn

ADS

mamamia

I would use the Roundabout you have for your baby, because it will be the easiest seat to deal with RFing. I would suggest you put her in a captains chari though, because I can't imagine tightening a RFing seat in the rear middle position, or any third ro seating position in a pre-2004 Sienna.

I would use the Evenflo Express with harness for the 4 year old.

If the one year old doesn't like being alone in the middle row, I would let one of the other kids sit in the other captain chair-preferably the 4 year old because I am assuming the 7 year old can buckle herself, and life would be easier I would think, if the two seats you need to buckle are in the second row. At least I find it kind of difficult to access the third row in my sisters 2003 Sienna.

U

Unregistered

My sienna has the bench seat in the middle. With the seatbelt strung across to the passenger side, it's difficult to get in the back seat. I almost always keep the bench seat folded down so we can reach the third row.

Also, I forgot to mention that I bought the roundabout about 6 years ago. Does this make a difference? Thanks, Dawn

mamamia

The Roundabout has a 6 year life before it expires, so it may be time to replace that seat as well. If so, i would go for 1 touriva for the baby and the evenflo booster for the 4 year old.

U

Unregistered

Why would you take the touriva over the evenflow tribute for the baby? Thanks! Dawn

mamamia

Mainly because a lot of people like the new touriva. I don't know anything about the other one. Maybe you could try them both out and see which fits better in your vehicle, which has the highest top slots (because that's the seat that'll last longest) and which is easiest for you to use in that third row.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Evenflo distributes 5-point Tributes to programs that help people with lower incomes, and sells more of the overhead shield seats at Walmart, so it's hard to judge, but very few seat distribution programs utilize shield seats, they almost always have 5-pt versions.

The Touriva is a much better seat, in my experience, though.

:)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Maybe I'm confused ... it is that kind of day :rolleyes:

Is your Roundabout expiring soon? I'd think that'd be a great seat for the little one & your middle kiddo would need a combination seat?

mamamia

Unregistered said:
Also, I forgot to mention that I bought the roundabout about 6 years ago. Does this make a difference? Thanks, Dawn

So yes, this seat is likely either expired already or very close to it. I would use it past an expiration date only if I had absolutely no other options.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC