RF tether

Kobain's Mommy

Which convertibles currently on the market have RF tether? I know it used to be Britax, Coccoro, and Diono/SK. I've kinda butted heads with my instructor so I didn't say anything today, but while talking about RFing seat she said "None RF tether." I thought some have changed, but I second guess myself after some other stuff she's said today. She doesn't seem very up date with current car seats, when I mentioned the Graco Click Connect 40, 4ever, and the new Extend2Fit; or when I said most seats on the market rear face till 40.

ADS

Dillipop

Britax no longer allows it. I believe diono and the coccoro still allow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kobain's Mommy

Thanks! That's what I thought. But started second guessing myself. I'm very tempted to bring my Raiden with since they are popular in this area.

Dillipop

Thanks! That's what I thought. But started second guessing myself. I'm very tempted to bring my Raiden with since they are popular in this area.

Finding a vehicle that allows it is another story. A bunch of the major manufacturers have said no.

lgenne

Do any say no to it if you're not tethering to anything that touches a front row seat?

I just realized that all 3 of my RF seats are tethered. 2 are in the 3rd row of a Mazda5, and the 3rd is a Radian tethered under the same seat it's installed in.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Does this help? http://carseatblog.com/12749/how-to-use-a-rear-facing-tether/

I have an issue with vehicle manufacturers that "announce" their stance on RF tethering to one person who calls in to their CS line and then depends on that person to broadcast it to the world via FB. IMO, which is worth about 2 cents, lol, until it's in writing on official company letterhead or in the LATCH manual, it doesn't exist. Chrysler brand vehicles have warnings in some of their manuals specifically disallowing RF tethering, but AFAIK, no one else does.

RF tethering has been around long enough and with a major enough brand that if it's truly an issue, it should be in a manual. Most carseat manuals now have instructions to store or otherwise not use the tether for RF as well, so it's either covered there or it should be covered by the vehicle manual.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC