Using a booster when seatbelt comes out of seat

winter

In our 2006 Nissan Armada, the shoulder strap of the center seat in the middle row comes out of the seat back. Now that my youngest is FF, I need to move a booster seat in that position (no top tether for that spot).

I tried putting one of our HB booster seats in that position and noticed that the seatbelt has to go UP to enter the shoulder positioning thingy on the car seat. (in other words, my daughter's shoulder will be above where the seat belt exits the vehicle seat) Is this safe? I'm concerned about the amount of slack in an accident.

ADS

featherhead

I would contact the manufacturer of the booster, whichever one you have, and provide pictures. Hopefully they can tell you if it is safe or not.

winter

The seats I threw in there were from our van. I actually need to go buy two new booster seats for our Armada. I was just putting the ones from our van in so I could get to a store with the kids (to buy new seats) and also to see how tight it will be three across.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Have you tried her in any backless seats to see what the path of the belt is like?

I'd send photos as well. Presumably it IS meant for an adult eventually.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC