Annoyed

lpperry

I bought a Diono Cambria booster from Amazon. It arrived with a August 2014 DOM. I sent it back to Amazon to exchange for a newer one. Second one came with same DOM. I returned it to Amazon and placed an order directly to Diono. I wrote a note with the order that I had returned to Amazon bc I kept receiving a 2 year old seat. I had talked to someone on the phone at Diono and she assured me that the DOM would not be 2 years old if I ordered directly from Diono.

I received an email from Diono today. It was very nice and gives me option to cancel my order to them.

This is part of the email:While I completely understand wanting a more recent manufacture date on your selected Cambria, the last time we received a shipment of Cambrias was April of 2015 so there is still a chance that the manufacture date on the seat you will receive from us could be from 2014/2015.

What?? The seat is full price. This isn't common to buy a seat that is 2 years old already, right? Even if it is 1 year old, that bothers me too. Why I am buying a full-price seat and it already has 1-2 years knocked off the life of the seat.

I just bought a booster from Walmart and the DOM was Dec. 2015. That is what I expect--A seat that is less than 1 year old.

I need to call them back. Not sure what to do/say. I really want the Cambria. I like Diono. We have a Cambria and 4 Radians.

ADS

Mary_Ann

I would be pissed! I've bought 2 Radian's from Amazon.ca and got freshly manufactured seats! I would have complained for a 2 year old seat too.

lpperry

I did call today. The lady said due to many factors the seats are usually 3-14 months old once they hit the shelves from any manufacturer. I get it that I can't have a seat with this month/year, but 2 years is ridiculous in my mind!

The woman didn't argue with me, but there was nothign she could do. They don't have any with newer DOM. She even went and looked to see if any shipments were scheduled. There were not.

She suggested I get a Monterey instead bc they did have those with newer DOM. I told her that was an option, but I really like the Cambria since we already have one, plus I didn't want to spend the extra money on the Monterey.

I asked if they could discount the seat and she put me on hold for a bit and then came back and told me her supervisor authorized at 10% discount. I took that and they are sending the seat. I still would rather have one that is newer, but I don't want to go find another seat. I love the Cambria and it fits my kids well. I don't do well with change :)

I'm happy with the discount and since the seat has a 10 year expiration, my youngest still can get use out of it and if she doesn't 5step before it expires, we can grab a cheap no-back. This one is for my 5 1/2 year old (to use in secondary car and then move to primary car when she turns 6). It will last for her without expiring, but I'd like to pass it down to the just turned 2 year old.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC