Help please locate a Carrytot car seat

B

Beckamojo

I am looking to find an old car seat sold in the late 80's - 90's called a Carrytot, made by Kangol (I think).

Does anyone here know of one I can either purchase or borrow?

I had a car accident 18 years ago and my then baby son was in one of these seats - we were hit from behind whilst stationary and my son suffered a brain injury - I am still fighting the insurance company of the person who hit us for compensation for my son and as they cannot remember that far back what the Carrytot seat looked like they are assuming it was padded with airbags!! Not 18 years ago! So I need to borrow or purchase one so I can show in court just what my son was sat in and demonstrate the motions he and his seat went though when the impact came.

Please if you have one would you be kind enough to help us. We are in the UK and are happy to pay for the postage. If lending one we will take great care of it.

Thanks in advance :)

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I can't help with this but I have an alternative idea. A quick Google search brought up the patent registry information for the Kangol Carrytot. Could you maybe get a copy of the patent and use that to show how it worked?

It appears Kangol brand was owned by AmSafe; you might contact them and see if they have old product info. I found that in this thread; the original poster there might also be able to help you find resources if you pm, as they are more local to you. (This brand wasn't sold in the US as far as I know.)

Good luck!

User Name 123

There's an ad for the Kangol Carry Tot on page 276 of this 1992 Argos catalogue. I can barely read the print after enlarging the page as much as I could, but the picture clearly shows that there are no headwings (what I think they may be referring to with "airbags"?) and minimal padding. I can't believe you're still fighting this after 18 years! I hope you find the information you're looking for.

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
We have a user on this website named classicseats. He is an expert in old seats and may be able to help if you send him a message.

mom of six

I think the seat she is after is a European seat. I am really familiar with US car seats from the 80's and 90's and that name does not ring a bell for me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC