Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Community Member

Where do you shop for your tween/teen?

We are having the hardest time finding a real store that sells something for my kid. Forget Justice, it's too babyish

It's costing me a fortune to find a bathing suit. She want a tankini and boy short type shorts, actually they are more like volleyball shorts. I have two pair, one from Target and the other from Kohls, they are the exact short in every way but the tags. They are like a bikini but slightly longer in the front. they do not cover her. She tried on on in JCP and it was longer in the legs but just every so slightly loose in the waist, and a little higher in the waist than the other two. But I would have to go all they way back there and hope they still have the one pair that we tried on, not online.
    This one.
    http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-231...sp?color=Black

The first tankini we found is really cute, but the bust is heavily padded, like very thick padding on the side to uplift your breasts, and it plunges, when I tried to sew it, it just looked really off and the sides were a little exposed.
    That is this one. Just to grown for her, and she doesn't really fill it.
    http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-243...lor=Gray_Multi

Then she got this one in the purple, not the bpottoms though. It's open in the back though.
    http://www.target.com/p/women-s-croc...#prodSlot=_2_5

Anyway the point of this thread is I am having so much trouble finding things that fit her. She fits juniors/womens on the bottom, in no way on top, especially her shoulders, too narrow. She refuses any of the kids tankinis, one reason is they are too thin in the bust. She hates every design, out of all we saw online and in the stores we had gone too, she hates them all.

Also have issues with shorts, I want then to be at least 7 inches, she has agreed to that, but the only place I can find that sells them are online, you have to buy online then go from there.

I don't know what has happened in the past couple years, but Bermuda are now way above the knee, but too ling to be middies, middies are now short shorts and short shorts are now underwear.

So frustrating

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads