Uh oh!!!

purplemama

She unbuckled the chest clip and got her arms out while I was driving.
163542a4f1a4cc37089f38794ee151e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

ADS

Baylor

Kids... Mine used to do this.. She is almost 4???

I had to explain to mine that he had to ride in it to prevent bad booboos.. And it helped..

purplemama

Kids... Mine used to do this.. She is almost 4???

I had to explain to mine that he had to ride in it to prevent bad booboos.. And it helped..
She's 5 1/5. Very willful, defiant, spirited..........
She tried to get her brother to unbuckle her yesterday while I was driving and got really mad when he wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

cookie123

Oh dear. When we got to our destination today Griffin had a belly clip and the harness covers were right above it. I took them off and that worked better.

aept

She's 5 1/5. Very willful, defiant, spirited.......... She tried to get her brother to unbuckle her yesterday while I was driving and got really mad when he wouldn't. Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

If she's typical but feisty I'd treat it as any other undesired behavior and use positive reinforcement for staying buckled and a consequence for unbuckling at the wrong time. Also maybe talk about "seatbelt syndrome" and how her organs inside could get hurt if she was riding like that and you crashed. Then maybe encourage her to unbuckle herself as much as she can when you get home so that she still gets to exercise some independence.
(I'm sorry, I can't remember at the moment which of your girls needs some extra services for autism-type behaviors. If I have the sisters mixed up then maybe the special thing that keeps her from unbuckling the chest clip would be a good idea.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC