airline with a frontier 85

asch884

I'm not sure were to put this but is it really that big of a pain in the but to bring a frontier 85 on a southwest airline.

Its for 3 yrs old and I already need to purchase a new seat for my middle boy(getting a bubble bum for easy travel in his backpack). I'm being told by everyone they would not take the frontier but the only other 5 point I have is a true fit and it didn't fit FF in my car so I worry about that happening at my destination
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It is very wide and heavy. You'll have trouble installing it and it will be very uncomfortable to sit next to. It will probably be that big of a pain, yes. You can definitely try. I think you'd be upset about your choice pretty quickly. :(

How much does your 3 year old weigh?

asch884

OK, darn is the true fit any better wouldn't seem like it to me

If I have to buy what is your suggestion. He is 34lbs and probably about 42-43 inches
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You're right, the TrueFit is also really wide and bulky to travel with.

If you want a different seat that's easy to travel with, with those stats I'd go for the Evenflo Maestro, which should be much easier and get him to a decent booster age in the harness. Amazon.com : Evenflo Maestro Booster Car Seat, Wesley : Baby

The Chase is the same height but only goes to 40 lbs. That extra 10 lbs makes a lot of useability difference for the average kid, but if your budget is tighter it is an option. Just won't last as long (unlikely to get him to 5 in the harness.)

asch884

His main seat is the frontier so I'm not super worried about how long it lasts. Thanks for the input, I will look at prices for those two seats. I am really debating about selling the true fit anyway

AllieK

You could probably find an Evenflo SureRide for the same price as a Maestro & it would last a lot longer. Also very lightweight and easy to install.

lgenne

You could probably find an Evenflo SureRide for the same price as a Maestro & it would last a lot longer. Also very lightweight and easy to install.

Unlikely. I'm seeing prices as low as like $65 (including tax, free shipping) (ETA: for the Maestro) and nothing under $80 for the Sureride.

The Sureride is a totally reasonable choice, too, but it won't be cheaper.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Unlikely. I'm seeing prices as low as like $65 (including tax, free shipping) (ETA: for the Maestro) and nothing under $80 for the Sureride.

The Sureride is a totally reasonable choice, too, but it won't be cheaper.

Agreed. It is wider too.

If you want Cheaper than the Maestro, the Chase is the best bet, usually available under $50.

mel2012

Kmart has the Chase for $42 with free shipping:
http://www.kmart.com/evenflo-chase-...W007787654001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

My 5.5 year old fluctuates right under 40 lbs, so I briefly considered getting him the cheaper Chase rather than the Maestro for an overseas trip this summer, since I figured we'd only use it for one trip as a harnessed seat. (next trip, he should be boostered full-time) The harness height on the two seats is exactly the same, it's only the weight limit that's different, so if you have a lightweight kid the longevity as a harnessed seat should be the same. We ended getting a Maestro from a friend.

Last edited:

asch884

For 65 I think I can do the mastero the trip isn't until Aug so that is doable then I will just use that as the spare seat
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC