My first time at BRU since becoming a car seat fanatic - I was prepared for a fight

RJB78

CPST Instructor
Our BRU is 2 1/2 hours away, so needless to say, I don't make it there very often. We were in the market for a new 2nd seat for Dd1, and I wanted to look at the Apex. Never seen one in person. Turns out the crotch strap is too short, just like I'd heard. We ended up buying the Advance.

But I went in prepared for a fight, because I've heard so many horror stories here! LOL The employee asked me if I needed any help, but left when I said no. She didn't stay to direct me toward the boosters when she saw my big kid in a harness seat.

However, she DID direct another couple to a Safe Seat 2 as an option for their 5 month old! They asked what seat he would need since he's growing out of his carrier, and she said he'd need a convertible, then proceeded to point to the Safe Seat 2 next to her and others on the wall across from them. :thumbsdown:

I spoke up when the couple came near me, offerring assistance. I showed them how dd1 still fit in the Advance at 4 1/2, and she has at least a year if not a year and a half to grow. I pointed out the Britaxes (still no MA on shelf), too, but they said money was an issue. They ended up getting an Advance!

Anyway, I feel VERY satisfied that dd2 is out of her EB (getting too cramped to get her in RF) and into the more spacious RF Radian. Dd1 loves her Regent and now has an Advance for dh's car since I gave the Radian to dd2. :thumbsup:

ADS

all together ooky

Glad you didn't have to fight! The employees at my BRU are totally receptive to my advice and don't interfere when I talk to customers. They'll even stand around and listen and tell me afterwards how much they learned. But, I think that's rare.

Eeks on the 5-month old in a SS2. What was that employee thinking?

lovinwaves

I wish all BRU employees that work in the carseat section had to take a CPS class. I think that would help alot!

Anyways..congrats on your new seat purchase :)

thepote

Geez - SS2... yikes. Good save!

Hey - you're close to me... did you go to the BRU in Nashua?

RJB78

CPST Instructor
Geez - SS2... yikes. Good save!

Hey - you're close to me... did you go to the BRU in Nashua?

Nope - Portland. I live in Central Maine. :) I should think we're getting big enough up here for a BRU pretty soon, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC