how does the combi connection fit a newborn?

super_grape

i'm interested in this seat but am wondering how it would fit a
small newborn.
my girls were both a bit over 7 lbs. at birth.
katie fit great in the latch loc 20 but the snugride swallowed
allie.
oh, yeah...and is it one of the narrow seats/bases??
my mom just bought a vibe and i'm trying to figure out
which configuration will work for a 3 across in her car:D.

thank you!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
We have the Combi Tyro II which I believe have the same strap heights as the Connection. It was GREAT for my DD2 when she was born. She was 7lb 5oz, 21" tall and was almost to the 2nd slot height. The newborn insert was awesome. No head slump whatsoever! Love that seat.

It is quite narrow, but long. And the blue stroller latches...yeah they were smoking crack when they designed that. They would have a GREAT, narrow seat if it weren't for those. What other seats do you have to work with? I had 3 across with mine with a RF MA, RF bucket center, FF Scenera no problem.

super_grape

well, i am planning on getting my oldest a radian
for the rear of our van (so that people can actually
sit beside her back there:p) so i'll have a boulevard,
a roundabout, and a scenera as options. i can buy
a radian for my mom's car but i was kinda hoping to
avoid doing that:).

it helps to know that your dd fit so well in the seat
at birth! my kids weighed about the same but were
shorter at 19 and 18 inches.

what kind of car were you able to do that configuration in?

Thanks!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Tucker was a preemie who left the NICU at 3lbs 10ozs. I purchased the Combi Connection as my Snugride was to big.

Here are a couple of pic of her in it at about 5 lbs and 3 months old. Please ignor the JJ cole flannel zipper thing and the toy hanging above her head. These are aftermarket items that should not be used in or on a carseat. I did not know any better then :eek: These are not great pics, but give you an idea.

476033715_7f46756cf5_o.jpg

476023006_e0669e82b6_o.jpg

ETA: These pics were taken in the house not in the car.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I believe the connection has a more narrow base :)

The base itself on our Combi was very narrow, as was the seat. It's just those darn blue stroller attachment clips that add a good 4" to the width of the seat!

To the OP: that was in a Jeep Grand Cherokee ;) Right now we have it in the center seat of my Chevy Venture van, with a RF Marathon and RF Radian on either sides. There is a good 2-3" of space on either side of the widest point of the bucket in there. :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's the seat Leah came home in :). Fit great, but the giant Britax chest clip was crazy And the harness pads were so big I hid mine (sent the seat to Skipspin, didn't even tell her it came with those mondo pads, lol). I don't recommend this seat unless you seriously need a lightweight seat (I got mine free.... )
See the link in my siggy for a pic.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC