3 across in cr-v

U

Unregistered

I currently have a 6 yr old in a graco (I forget the model name....it's the HBB with latch straps) and an almost 5 yr old in a Radian (manufactured in 2011, so it will expire soon). Both boys are average height and build, maybe a little long in the torso and they fit their seats well, and it would be a while before their current seats are outgrown. I'm expecting a baby due near my oldest son's 7th bday.

I would like to get my 5 year old in a HBB so that he is able to unbuckle himself (he can't get the couch strap unbuckled on the radian).

I need to buy a seat for the new baby.

I need all 3 seats to fit across a 2013 CR-V.

Does anyone have experience with puzzling the car seats that would fit? Do the make narrow boosters that don't have arm rests? I'm working within a budget, but don't have a hard and fast top dollar amount.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi! What does 5 year old weigh? What is your budget?

I can tell you that to get 3 across, staying with a harnessed seat will be much easier. Boosters are tougher because of the way hands have to slide between seats to buckle.

Also, you will probably need to stop using the lower connectors on the Affix booster- it will be able to go a bit more to the side without.

aept

Just wanted to pop in and say you probably have more time left in that radian expiration than you think. My radians from March 2008 have JUST expired, like last week. Check your manual or call Diono to be sure but they should have an 8 year expiration.

I hear you on the crotch buckle - my son is almost 5 and refuses to try to get out of the older sunshine kids Radians or our new Diono, although I honestly think he's just afraid to push hard enough. My two older boys could get themselves out by 5.
I actually brought the seat into the house and had him practice getting out so he could take his time (it was winter and I didn't want to hang out in the garage!. He could do it but it was difficult.

I agree that boosters are even more annoying in a 3-across situation though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC