picture of correctly buckle in car seat?

mully4235

So, we traveled 14 hours away to see my husbands new nephew. I didn't get a really good close look, but from what I saw he didn't seem to be buckled in the right way. It looked like the straps were too loose and the chest clip too low. I don't think it would go over very well if I flat out said they were doing it wrong. If I "shared" or "liked" something that was already posted on facebook it might go over better since I've randomly shared and liked car seat stuff before. Is there any post on facebook anywhere that shows the correct postion of the chest clip and how tight the straps should be? If it's something I post myself from somewhere outside of facebook and they see it didn't come from somewhere else on facebook it won't go over well.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Good grief, don't post anything from that 'other' group. If she went to the group itself she'd likely be turned off and definitely not 'hear' anything else you say.

The graphic Heather posted is perfect.

But, honestly, posting passive-aggressively like that isn't likely going to work. Instead, I'd suggest emailing/texting/messaging and saying something like 'SO happy to meet little X! We enjoyed our visit very much. And I hope you enjoy being a mom! If you ever have car seat questions, I wanted to let you know about a great forum/FB group [whichever might be better for her] called Car-Seat.org. I was SO amazed about the stuff I did not know about car seats, but should have. They're awesome over there! Hope we get to see you again soon!'.

Last edited:

rin2809

Good grief, don't post anything from that 'other' group. If she went to the group itself she'd likely be turned off and definitely

Out of curiosity, why so much hate on the "other" group. This is the second time I have been chastised for sharing information from there. Am I missing incorrect or offensive information?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Out of curiosity, why so much hate on the "other" group. This is the second time I have been chastised for sharing information from there. Am I missing incorrect or offensive information?

I am wondering this too.

Brianna

They just seem very "this way is the best and only way, and we won't help you if you don't like it." Especially when it comes to less than best practice. Of course we want to see all children ERF, not booster until 4/40/maturity, booster until 5 step, but in the real world there are less than ideal situations. Not all parents/caregivers have the resources or the desire to follow more than state law. Here we like to inform parents on why ERF is ideal, but if the only seat they have available for a 36" 18 month old is Cosco high back harness booster, we will of course help them to install and use the seat correctly. The other group may not be so nice about it. It's also much harder to follow topics on Facebook.

Carseatblog (affiliated with this site) has a ton of fantastic posts that I like to share, and when I can't find something I need there, I tend to go to The Car Seat Lady to find whatever I may need. Also, I find this is a fantastic community and I like helping to draw attention back here rather than divert to another group.

Others may have their own reasons, and I may also be missing something, but that's my reasoning.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
CSFTL is a great resource for people who are looking to educate themselves on the gold standards of CPS, but is not necessarily where you want to send someone you think needs to be gently nudged toward basic minimum proper use. Generally speaking, if a caring relative's pointers aren't going to go over well, setting the bar at the CSFTL level from the get-go is likely to be somewhat overwhelming.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC