Nuna Pipa Clek Foonf, But really now Pipa Question

willwill

So we finally brought our little guy home yesterday, he was 21 inches, and still the foonf infant thingy didn't seem safe. So i drove to the mall and bought a pipa, installed it quick and we drove home... Under protest from Momma of course, because she didn't think it was angled enough. We have a 2011 elantra limited with leather seats, i am not sure if it's our car, or what. But, even the clek on 2 pool noodles barely attains a 35-40 degree angle, the pipa meets the green bubble/line on the base and also the pipa itself, however our baby's head definitely on day 3 still leans a bit forward, i sat in the back keeping an eye on him, because even on turns his head definitely doesn't stay flat. If i recall the pipa rear facing angle with my phone was in the 60s, but like i said the green level thingy still showed it within range, we have to go to the doctor tomorrow for his first appointment, and i really am unsure what we can do.While in the mall parking lot, i tried the noodles i used with the foonf, and they were way too small with the nuna base tilt mechnaism, would just slide off the noddles , I had a hospital thick blanket that was folded and while it did fit under the pipa, it made it near impossible to secure the latch in the seat cushions, which btw are such a pain to get to on the car,. So now i have $800 in car seats, and not sure what to do, besides go buy a new vehicle.

ADS

featherhead

First, could you take pics of your installs? Sometimes it is easier to help if we can see the problem.

Next, did you have the appropriate line level to ground on the Foonf? The Infant Thingy is supposed to let the infant's head sit back further, preventing the head falling forward.

With the Pipa, you need to make sure the seat is as reclined as possible while keeping the indicator in the correct place. Many infant seats have a range of recline, so they can be more upright for older babies. Some people don't realize this, and just figure that the ball or bubble is in the correct zone, so it must be ok.

willwill

Also, Clek is super helpful. I'm sure if you would send them pics they would gladly help you out.

Sorry for delay, last few weeks has been crazy, i'll post some pics now, noting this is the pipa. the Foonf i am going to just wait till he is bigger to use. Especially since i already returned the "infant thingy" . Here is some angles.

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 37
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 35
  • nuna3.jpg
    nuna3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 36
  • nuna2.jpg
    nuna2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 38
  • nuna1.jpg
    nuna1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 41

featherhead

Are the infant inserts required for the Pipa? I'm not familiar with that seat yet. It appears the combination of infant insert and cloth diaper is pushing his bum forward, causing the head slump. I would check the manuals to see if the insert can be removed, or maybe try disposable diapers in the vehicle.

kidrepair

In the last picture I see two buckles clicked. One looks like it's the buckle from the passenger seat? But then it almost looks like another buckle clicked next to the base.

willwill

In the last picture I see two buckles clicked. One looks like it's the buckle from the passenger seat? But then it almost looks like another buckle clicked next to the base.

You are correct, i know that's incorrect, and have already adjusted. However to have it in the center it was only way to make it secure.So, went back to side seat

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC