Need help picking combo seat

fyrfightermomma

Wow. Haven't been here in a while! My seat days have mostly ended lol Anyways I have a question. I'm so out of the loop for seats My son just turned six. He does fine in a booster and is in one in almost every car. However I personally have an hour drive each way to school on rural undivided highways. So in my car I decided to keep him in a harness longer. Plus we have crappy winters After being in a booster and going back to a harness we started with the secure kid. I don't know if we had a defunct seat but there wasn't enough harness. It was weird. On the top setting you couldn't even fit a child under the straps. So that is gone He's now in a nautilus and has room to grow but he won't sleep in it, can't bucks or unbuckle and the short crotch strap drives me nuts. I hate digging for it on an undiapered boy So as far as I know that leaves the recaro performance sport and the frontier/pioneer. Unless there's some I don't know about I love love loved recaro when my girls were little. But we had the old prosport so I don't know much about this seat. How's the crotch strap length? If he fits in a nautilus I would assume harness height would be adequate? I've had several frontiers or pioneers so I know them but my son has never sat in one. Again how is the crotch strap and head slump? I live in the middle of nowhere so I can't try either seat So need thoughts He turned six last month. He's 50 lbs. no idea on height but wears a 5/6 shirt. Thanks! Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

AllieK

The top harness slot on the ProSport is 17.5", I believe. I know my DS wouldn't fit at 46" and size 6 shirt.

The newer Nautilus has a 3rd position for the crotch strap, if you're willing to buy another seat, but I think the newer ones also all have a 49" standing height limit in harness mode.

fyrfightermomma

What's the nautilus top slot? The review I looked at had Darren's son at 8/9 fitting Unless you mean the old prosport? The performance sport has different specs. Didn't know if that was a typo or not

No I don't want another nautilus. Hate the crotch strap(don't see a 3rd a lot improving that much since it's so far under him), he can't buckle it or unbuckle it and head slump sucks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC