Fllo, Foonf, or Ranier?

mommyfrog

I'm going to be buying a new seat for my 23 pound, 32 inch, 22 month old son when tax returns come back. I won't really have a max budget. I figured I'd just get a Ranier to replace the Radian I have, but like the looks of the other two. Hes small for his age, so im not concerned about height limits or anything. He would probably fit in just about anything rear facing until four. It will go in a 2013 Chevy Express 15 passenger, so not really any space restraints either. Any advantages, disadvantages, or thoughts on these choices?

Also, I'll be getting a spare seat for my granddaughter who is one year old and 19 pounds, so not very big either. I'll also use it in other people's cars for my son if it's lighter weight and easier to install. Any suggestions?

ADS

Mary_Ann

I bought my Foonf 2.5 years ago, a couple months before the Fllo came out. I LOVE my Foonf, it's so nice and sleek! I first started using it FF with my then 5yo and we both loved it. I passed it down to my second daughter as soon as she met the requirements. She's a petite kids, still on the second slots setting. She's 3yo and newly wearing 3T, at 33" and 28lb. She loves her big seat and so do I! The harness adjuster is so smooth, way better than the Radian. It also has loads of legroom!

However, it's a big seat, that sits up really high. I wouldn't want to lift a heavier rear facer in it. It's also really expensive and if you're not using the rigid LATCH FF, you're better off with the Fllo.

For the spare seat, I would go with a Scenera NEXT.

mommyfrog

Thanks. Right now I lift him in the van onto the bench seat. His Radian is behind the drivers seat. He just walks across and climbs over the infant seat I have in there for my granddaughter and gets in his seat. Then I climb in and buckle him or one of the big kids will if they're with us. I haven't really thought about forward facing and the react system. There is latch on each side of each bench, so six spots. Plenty of spots to choose from when he gets older. I guess I'll just have to think about it and decide. The Fllo has the eact system, right? So a similar concept to help with neck loads? Hmmm, decisions, decisions!
Posted via Mobile Device

mommyfrog

I forgot to ask....I think I read that the Clek seats changed a tiny bit from 2015 to 2016. What changed, if it did? Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

featherhead

The 2016 Cleks have more padding in the seat and harness pads, improved lock-offs, and I think there was one more change which I can't remember...

Foonf has React, which only works when you use the rigid latch. Fllo has Eact which works with or without latch I believe.

laurengt

I have a Foonf and LOVE it! I have a Radian that I love for some reasons but I don't love it like I love the Foonf. Cleks are phenomenal seats so I'd get a Foonf or Fllo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC