Will this car seat work with my Honda Element

U

Unregistered

Hello car seat gurus!

Hoping you can help me. I am looking for a swivel car seat to allow me to more easily rear face. I cannot afford the Orbit seat. I did however come across this European seat which my British in law could bring me, or I could purchase while visiting. It appears from my quick research that their Isofix connectors are the same as our Latch ones, and my car does have latch though I do not believe my car has a rear seat mounted anchor latch. Would this car seat work with my 2006 Element and meet US standards? It does have a 5 point harness.

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/car-seats/axissfix.aspx?c=Sparkling Grey

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, it doesn't meet US standards, nor is it legal here.

I don't know how much swivel would help in an Element anyway. You can't swivel it to face the outside, the wall is in the way. And if you swivel it to the center, that's nice, but you'd get the same benefit climbing in and sitting next to your baby's seat.

Can we help recommend a seat for your child?

Wendy

U

Unregistered

A non Element owner can not understand this struggle. The backseats are impossible to deal with for rearfacing car seats, especially if you are past the infant seats and need a convertible seat. I need to switch to a convertible seat soon and I am struggling to finding anything that rotates while staying installed in the U.S. I've been scouring the internet in search of either the Zeus 360 or the orbit convertable and I've come up with nothing. I'm willing to buy used but there is nothing out there..... I've seen some people say they fold down the back of the seat and load their child in through the tailgate.... I'm not sure what other choice I have since my 2.5 yo's seat is on the other side of the back seat...... 😣
If anyone has any ideas I am desperate!

brooksfamily

Do you just have one car seat in the back? If so can you load on the opposite side. Meaning if your car seat is installed on the passenger side, you and your child can climb on on the driver side. You'd have to sit on the seat to buckle your child in, but I'd think even with a swivel car seat you've have to do that.

If that would work, then I'd recommend something a Diono with a really low profile. This would make it easier for your child to climb in and for you to buckle.

Honestly, from my quick search of the internet your car looks like a complete nuisance from a car seat standpoint.

lgenne

I've had to use my mom's Element a few times. I think your best bet will be loading through the tailgate.

Rear facing in the 3rd row of a minivan presents similar challenges.

J

JulieY

Hi! I have a 2006 Honda Element and wondering if you found a carseat that works...thanks for your feedback.

T

Todd H

Hi! I have a 2006 Honda Element and wondering if you found a carseat that works...thanks for your feedback.
We had 3 boys grow up in the Element life and I find that a seat that uses a pan you mount down and the actual carrier is removeable, was the easiest option. just until they are forward facing then you can upgrade to the Cadillac of cupholder/built-in i-pad holders seats.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
We had 3 boys grow up in the Element life and I find that a seat that uses a pan you mount down and the actual carrier is removeable, was the easiest option. just until they are forward facing then you can upgrade to the Cadillac of cupholder/built-in i-pad holders seats.
The problem with this is that very few children will fit in a removable carrier-style car seat until they are old enough for forward facing.

We do have a few new swivel options on the market that might work. But if those are out of budget or not a good fit for the vehicle, the earlier suggestions of loading through the back hatch or entering the vehicle with the child from the side opposite the car seat are usually viable options once the infant carrier is outgrown.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC