Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Will this car seat work with my Honda Element

Hello car seat gurus!

Hoping you can help me. I am looking for a swivel car seat to allow me to more easily rear face. I cannot afford the Orbit seat. I did however come across this European seat which my British in law could bring me, or I could purchase while visiting. It appears from my quick research that their Isofix connectors are the same as our Latch ones, and my car does have latch though I do not believe my car has a rear seat mounted anchor latch. Would this car seat work with my 2006 Element and meet US standards? It does have a 5 point harness.

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/car-seats/a...arkling%20Grey

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Will this car seat work with my Honda Element

No, it doesn't meet US standards, nor is it legal here.

I don't know how much swivel would help in an Element anyway. You can't swivel it to face the outside, the wall is in the way. And if you swivel it to the center, that's nice, but you'd get the same benefit climbing in and sitting next to your baby's seat.

Can we help recommend a seat for your child?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 100#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 53", 92#, Nuna Aaces, Chicco KidFit
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic

4. Thank You from:

Unregistered

A non Element owner can not understand this struggle. The backseats are impossible to deal with for rearfacing car seats, especially if you are past the infant seats and need a convertible seat. I need to switch to a convertible seat soon and I am struggling to finding anything that rotates while staying installed in the U.S. I've been scouring the internet in search of either the Zeus 360 or the orbit convertable and I've come up with nothing. I'm willing to buy used but there is nothing out there..... I've seen some people say they fold down the back of the seat and load their child in through the tailgate.... I'm not sure what other choice I have since my 2.5 yo's seat is on the other side of the back seat...... 😣
    If anyone has any ideas I am desperate!

Carseat Crazy

Do you just have one car seat in the back? If so can you load on the opposite side. Meaning if your car seat is installed on the passenger side, you and your child can climb on on the driver side. You'd have to sit on the seat to buckle your child in, but I'd think even with a swivel car seat you've have to do that.

If that would work, then I'd recommend something a Diono with a really low profile. This would make it easier for your child to climb in and for you to buckle.

Honestly, from my quick search of the internet your car looks like a complete nuisance from a car seat standpoint.

CPS Fanatic

I've had to use my mom's Element a few times. I think your best bet will be loading through the tailgate.

Rear facing in the 3rd row of a minivan presents similar challenges.

JulieY

Hi! I have a 2006 Honda Element and wondering if you found a carseat that works...thanks for your feedback.

CPS Technician

Julie, how many kids do you have? Can you list ages and sizes for them?