Extra Seat... To sell or not to sell?

rin2809

I suddenly have car seats coming out of my ears! Well not really, but I added to my arsonel quite a bit in the last few weeks and I am trying to determine what, if any, I would be able to sell to give us a little breathing room (and cash).

My little guy is still in a Keyfit, but is getting darn heavy to carry around, so as soon as he can sit in a cart and high chair, he's outta there! I also have a ridiculously tall 3 year old... like 42" at his 3 year check in Nov! We have 3 vehicles total that the seats are spread out between: DH's Ford Freestar Minivan (primary), my Kia Spectra (Daily daycare), MIL's Saturn Vue (Weekly?).

Here are the seats that I now find myself with:
Harmony Defender (Exp 2024)
Graco Argos (Exp 2024)
Graco Nautilus (Exp 2025)
Guide 65 (Exp 2019)
Evenflo Triumph (Exp 2021)
Cosco Apt 50 (Exp 2024)
Cosco Scenera NEXT (Exp 2022)
Oh, and a Maestro at my parent's house.

See what I mean, that's a lot of car seats for two kids!!!

Here is my current set up plan when the Keyfit is no more:
DS1: Nautilus (van), Argos (Kia), Defender (Vue)
DS2: Triumph (van), Apt 50 (Kia), NEXT (Vue)

I think we are set until DS2 outgrows the NEXT, then the complication and my question comes in. I had DS1 sit in the NEXT and he is like 2+ inches over the top slots, so if this kiddo is anywhere close we are in trouble... I am hoping it fits him til about 3 at which point we will probably turn him FF. Fingers crossed, DS1 will be ready to start booster training by then and we can just pass down a combo seat to DS2.

We don't fly often (like never since the kids were born) and if we did, DS1 has about 1.5" FF in the APT so we would bring the two Cosco seats on planes and for rentals.

So... Sell the Guide since it will be reaching its expiration about the time I would want the higher slots FF for DS2? Keep it and eek out as much space as I can even if it is only a few months after the NEXT is outgrown? I am not sure I see any reason to hang on to it, and if I sell it now, someone could get 3 good years out of it.

ADS

Dillipop

Sell the guide. And possibly the maestro, unless you think you may need it for travel sometime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rin2809

Sell the guide. And possibly the maestro, unless you think you may need it for travel sometime soon.

My parents live 4.5 hours away and keep the Maestro at their house just so I don't have to lug the Nautilus/Argos around if we take their vehicle. So for all intents and purposes it's their seat, and more importantly isn't taking up space in our apartment storage locker where all the others live!

momtoo3

My parents live 4.5 hours away and keep the Maestro at their house just so I don't have to lug the Nautilus/Argos around if we take their vehicle. So for all intents and purposes it's their seat, and more importantly isn't taking up space in our apartment storage locker where all the others live!

Can you give your parents the Guide for the baby to use with them? I would either sell it or give it to them. Or give them a different convertible and keep the Guide if you think they will want a seat for him.

rin2809

Turns out a coworker's in-laws were using an expired seat for her son and she was desperately seeking a new seat. So I ended up passing the Guide along to her for much less than I was intending to sell it in the wild, but I am glad to know it is going to someone who needs it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC