Chicco Cortina Stroller

Suzibeck

Anyone know anything about this? It retails for $150 and someone has a brand new one on Craigs List for $100. I have not made the treck out of town to look at strollers yet, so I have no clue about this one, but it sounds like a good deal. I don't know what kind of infant seat we will have yet.

ADS

jeno

Senior Community Member
Hi Susan! My friend is the one with the CL listing. She's a mom from my local Mom's Chat board that I started.

I don't own the Chicco, but my sister does. It really depends on what you are looking for in a stroller. I would say that if you are looking at travel systems, it is much better than any of the others on the market. But many people prefer not to go the travel system route, myself included.

The Chicco Keyfit infant seat is a great seat. I have it and cannot say enough good things about it.

Suzibeck

Thanks.

Does the Keyfit 30 last as long as the SS1? How heavy is it? I've never been able to haul my kids around in their infant seats after 17# or so, I had an Evenflo OMW and a Snugride. I wonder if a bigger infant seat would really benefit us? I have to get into GR to Babies R Us to get my hands on things, we just don't have squat here in Holland. I do plan on buying a HWH seat for baby by his/her first birthday as our MA will expire when he/she is 2.

Oh, and we had Graco strollers in the past so we are not used to Cadallacs, lol. I'm a car seat snob, but not a stroller snob as we don't use them a ton anyway.

My van is pre-LATCH or I'd seriously consider the Latch-lock for baby, it seems to be the least expensive seat with a front adjuster and everyone keeps telling me I don't know what I'm missing by always having rear-adjust infant seats. But, I've heard that the Latch-lock is a pain to install with the seatbelt. ETA: I love the tiny chest clip that doesn't overwhelm baby like chest clips on most infant seats.

jeno

Senior Community Member
I can't speak for the 30 because I have the older 22lb model. My DS outgrew it by weight at 5.5 months and I was ready to stop hauling that seat in/out of everywhere. The 30lb model would have def. taken us further along since he was no where near outgrowing the seat by height. I cannot imagine not having a front adjuster. Perfect fit everytime and being able to loosen the straps up really helped my husband and then I didn't have to worry that he couldn't get the baby in there correctly.

I bought the Keyfit unseen with DS1 since it was so new at the time no one had it in the stores. I think the prices are still less online if you shop around. My car was preLATCH too, and the built-in lockoffs were very nice. Seriously, I got so spoiled with my first carseat. Made it impossible to buy anything but a Britax after that.

If you've been happy with Gracos in the past, than the Chicco should more than meet your expectations.

Suzibeck

Thanks for the input. Dh says he wants to wait until spring because we don't have a place to store the stroller. We are trying to sell the house right now so less stuff to store is better. Given the housing market, I'm not holding my breath however. :rolleyes:

cso1997

I have to get into GR to Babies R Us to get my hands on things, we just don't have squat here in Holland.

Oh Susan you are missing out if you think Holland doesn't have squat!! Sweet Dreams Baby Boutique carries the Keyfit, Cortina, Trevi, and other Chicco stuff. If you want to play with a Cortina and Keyfit, go check it out!! They mostly carry furniture but usually keep one line of strollers (last year it was Maclaren). They are at US31 and Riley!!

Then again, BRU is fun too!! And USA Baby...oh no...I feel a GR trip coming on!! Good luck!!

Suzibeck

I was at Sweet Dreams not too long ago and they didn't have any strollers or carseats. The guy working said his wife, the owner I'm guessing, used to carry strollers but they were expensive and didn't have a very good markup. I'll have to pop in there again sometime anyway, the girls liked the toys they carry. Maybe they were between lines and he was clueless?

We did go to GR last weekend and decided against the Cortina. We didn't spend a lot of time because I was whipped by the time we got to Babies R Us. Dh took me maternity clothes shopping for my birthday. I run out of steam pretty quickly these days. I look forward to USA Baby and BRU run when I'm feeling better and can look around more.

jlr9882

I have both the chicco cortina stroller and the graco safeseat1 with a graco mosaic stroller. I love them all. The graco set was great, but I bought the cortina because I wanted something that fully reclined for when my son needed to fall a sleep. I have never used the keyfit though. I heard that the safeseat is only 1/2 lb heavier then most of the other infant seats, but it is bulkier since it last till 30 lbs. I have never really carried my son around it, except for when he was really little and he was a sleep. He came home at 4 lbs, so most of the time I just carried him or put him in the stroller with a headrest. And once he was old enough to sit in a highchair or the buggy seat I didn't need to carry the seat. I leave it in the car most of the time, just like you would with a convertible seat. Oh yeah, my son is 14 mos now and just under 19 lbs. Anyways, I highly recommend the cortina.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC