Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Infant Seat for 2003 Honda Civic Coupe

Hi,

My husband and I are both tall (he's 6'4" and I'm 5'10") and we mostly drive my Honda Civic coupe. When he's driving, the driver's seat will need to be pushed back pretty far. I can have the passenger seat closer to the dash. Is there an infant seat that would fit in the back given these parameters?

Your help is appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Infant Seat for 2003 Honda Civic Coupe

The Cybex Aton, Britax B Safe 35/35 Elite, and Chicco Keyfit are pretty compact.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

The seats Wendy mentioned are good. Just remember not to use latch in the middle of the back seat unless your vehicle allows latch sharing. Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your new baby!!
    Blessed Mama to
    DD1 T 29 months RF - Britax Advocate
    DD2 J 6 months RF - Britax B Safe

Re: Infant Seat for 2003 Honda Civic Coupe

I would put in a vote for the Keyfit 30. My husband and I are the same as far as height goes and our primary vehicle at the time our son was born was our Kia Spectra.

We were able to install the Keyfit in the center using the lock-off on the base and kept our front seats mostly where they were. With out second, the Keyfit is behind the passenger seat and my husband who is 6'3" can actually fit comfortably in the seat there (though a little closer to the dash).
    Big Boy G: 11/6/2012, 53lb/49", Evenflo Procomfort RightFit HBB, Evenflo Big Kid HBB
    Little Bro C - 12/4/2015, 32lb/38" Graco Nautilus 65 Safety Surround, Graco Atlas 65
    Extra Seats: Graco Nautilus 65, Cosco Apt 50, Evenflo Maestro, Harmony Defender, Graco Turbobooster NBB, Cosco Rise NBB