Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Britax Traveller Plus EL discontinued?

A rumor is going through one of the special needs communities that I am a part of that this seat is going to be discontinued very soon. Has anyone else heard any news on this? If so, do they have plans to release a replacement seat?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I just took the special needs class last week. We were told that although Britax is discontinuing the Traveller and Hippo seats, their distributor will be picking up the manufacturing of them. So, it will still be available but not under the Britax brand. That is my understanding.
    Lauren: Detention Officer & CPST
    Mom to JRR (12/2009) -- riding in a Cybex M-Fix; occasional use: EvenFlo LBB, BubbleBum, & MiFold
    and LDM (4/2013) -- FF in a Clek Foonf & Britax Frontier ClickTight.

Re: Britax Traveller Plus EL discontinued?

Awesome, that's good to know. Thanks.

Britax had been manufacturing the seat (along with the Hippo) under the SnugSeat brand. They discontinued that at the end of last year. They do expect to have a "replacement," although I'm not sure how similar or dissimilar it might be.

From the horse's mouth -

http://www.r82.com/news/2016/02/disc...-el-and-hippo/

You may be able to find a TP with a vendor for a little while yet, but if it's important to you, I'd get on it immediately.
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!