5 years old & still rear facing

thekatie

J2 is 5 today! And still rear facing, by his own request. He's not going to be happy when he finally outgrows this seat. Thank you CSO!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 130
ADS

jacqui276

That is awesome! Congrats on keeping him RFing for so long and happy birthday to J!

I wish DS would still fit in anything RFing...

thekatie

That is awesome! Congrats on keeping him RFing for so long and happy birthday to J! I wish DS would still fit in anything RFing...
He's just tiny! Fully clothed in boots he weighs 34lbs, and he's right at 40 inches exactly - and has been for months. But even so, he's finally getting close to the 1.5" mark on this one.

Would he get more time out of an E2F? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably, but we're definitely not buying any more seats. This one is less than 5 months old - our Pria got tossed when DH was in a wreck last year (almost exactly a year ago!), and we got a Pioneer, which we all hated. So I sold that eventually and we got this one.

He rides forward facing just fine in any other car. Not sure why he's resisting in mine. But I'm not arguing with him :) Well, not until he can't anymore.

vdubpower

wow my 5 yr old and 8 yr olds are both in recaro prosports and in the 2006 yukon middle row i dont see how its possible to have them rear facing

3 yr old in recaro pro booster is next to them and also front, ive tried rear with him but it doesnt fit well

Athena

Congrats and Happy Birthday! I have a kid who loved RFing, if only she weren't so tall.

He's just tiny! Fully clothed in boots he weighs 34lbs, and he's right at 40 inches exactly - and has been for months. But even so, he's finally getting close to the 1.5" mark on this one.

My kids were that size turning 3! I wish I were kidding. They're constantly outgrowing everything. Enjoy his smaller size! You're so lucky!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Congrats and Happy Birthday! I have a kid who loved RFing, if only she weren't so tall.

My kids were that size turning 3! I wish I were kidding. They're constantly outgrowing everything. Enjoy his smaller size! You're so lucky!

My daughter too. She hit 40 inches and 40 lbs right at her 3 year check-up.

My little one is tiny, though. Since I have all these high-capacity (and distant expiration date) RF seats from her big sister she'll probably RF until she's about 8. LOL.

seb3244

Happy birthday! Congrats on rear facing!!
Also my 3 yr 8 month old is about that size. 37lb & 39inches. I think when she finally outgrows her clek fllo rear facing she may get car sick forward facing because when we rode with a friend up a mountain to go camping in a small car (she usually is in a large vehicle) she rode rear facing but could see the road so much and got sick :(

thekatie

Thanks everyone!
Congrats and Happy Birthday! I have a kid who loved RFing, if only she weren't so tall. My kids were that size turning 3! I wish I were kidding. They're constantly outgrowing everything. Enjoy his smaller size! You're so lucky!
My daughter too. She hit 40 inches and 40 lbs right at her 3 year check-up. My little one is tiny, though. Since I have all these high-capacity (and distant expiration date) RF seats from her big sister she'll probably RF until she's about 8. LOL.
J1 was "normal" sized. It's so funny how they're so alike (they look like twins but born 8 years apart, they've got the same sense of humor), but so different too (the size difference, food tastes).

Happy birthday! Congrats on rear facing!! Also my 3 yr 8 month old is about that size. 37lb & 39inches. I think when she finally outgrows her clek fllo rear facing she may get car sick forward facing because when we rode with a friend up a mountain to go camping in a small car (she usually is in a large vehicle) she rode rear facing but could see the road so much and got sick :(
Thankfully we have no car sickness issues! Well, I can't read in a car :p but the kids are fine. J2 rides forward in every other car, and he never complains about it or asks to be rear facing in them... but he begs not to be forward in mine. Crazy.

cookie123

Happy Birthday to J2! Way to go to both of you!

I don't know if I could make it that long, honestly. I guess it does get easier if they're compliant and can buckle up with just a check that all is well. I've often pondered the idea that it might be easier to reach that goal in a warm climate, too.

thekatie

Happy Birthday to J2! Way to go to both of you! I don't know if I could make it that long, honestly. I guess it does get easier if they're compliant and can buckle up with just a check that all is well. I've often pondered the idea that it might be easier to reach that goal in a warm climate, too.
He can't (won't? I think can't) buckle himself, or unbuckle. But you're right, it's very easy that he can climb in, get ready to be buckled, etc. He went through a phase around 2 of hating car seats, and it was AWFUL. I was ready to never drive again to not have to put him in!

The only thing that I don't like is how DH can't drive my car, even if I don't feel like driving anymore. He can't put the seat back far enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC