Last Car Seat ever, feeling a little sad

rin2809

Ok, I think this is the only place where I can actually say this and someone will understand: I think that I just purchased the last car seat that I will ever need to buy, and it makes me really sad. DH thinks I am crazy for being so bummed about it.

We may need a HBB or two down the road, but I think both boys are set in 3 vehicles for the rest of thit car seat riding lives. As long as I like the Apt 50 when it gets delivered, that is.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

tjham

Totally understand! My grandson is almost 11 and out of all the boosters. I still keep a Harmony backless in the car 'in case", but no one I know needs it!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I completely understand. Every time I start to think along those lines, I remind myself that if I really wanted I could always sell a seat and buy a different one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwilliams

Oh, I get it. I'm already bummed because my youngest two are never going to need another convertible. And they're going to be...sniff... front facing in my parents' vehicles in a few months :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bnsnyde

You don't have to have a kid to buy a carseat.

I could totally see myself at whatever age (let's say kids are grown but no grandkids yet)...and I install a cool new seat in my empty back seat.

Who would stop me? :)
I could put a stuffed animal in it. And I am not even kidding. I just love new seats and probably always will!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I totally feel you! It's a little different, but I took my nanny kids' car seats out of my car and into storage at work to use for training. There are zero seats in my car... and at home I just have a Radian in my closet for when my Godson comes to visit. With no babies on the horizon, the only seat purchases in my future are for work... just not the same!!

zactayaus

My youngest will be 7 next month and I am so sad that his harnessed seat days are just about over. Thankfully I have a 17 month old niece that I watch often enough to warrant keeping a convertible for and I'm getting a new niece or nephew in July that I will be watching a lot. I'll even get to keep new baby for a whole week when he or she is only 4 months old while mommy and daddy go on a cruise for a wedding they are in.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
(((GROUP HUG))))
Leah's about to get her mifold, which she doesn't even need, and that'll be our last. She's in an incognito in dh's car and that's all she needs, my car is so naked!

Lovatic24

I don't have children, but I do babysit. I have 3 car seats, 2 strollers, 2 carriers, and a pack n play!!! The youngest I watch is 5 months so I many years left!!!!

juliakids

I'm (pretty sure) I'm in the same boat as OP, purchasing one very soon that will most likely be the last.. But as someone mentioned there are always grandkids?? Hopefully that doesn't happen too soon though! Imagine how cool car seats will be by then!! :D :D

Last edited:

rin2809

Hmm, this car seat hiatus isn't lasting long... I liked the Apt install so much I am seriously considering another one (or a NEXT) to replace my Guide RF for my MIL's vehicle since she wants to install and remove it herself often...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC