Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

In need of a HBB for my 3 across: Monterey, Oobr??

My 7.5yo daughter will soon outgrow her Radian and I'm desperately in search of the perfect booster. I drive a 2013 Scion xB that has stupid seatbelts mounted in front of the seat. It barely touches me if I sit back there. The PW 2013 works but not the older version. The PW fits, but is impossible to buckle. I need something narrow, that will also be compatible with my seatbelts. I'm not opposed to a backless, but it would need to go in the centre, which would mean I'd have to turn DD2 FF...

So, I have a 7mo and a 3yo RF. The 3yo will eventually be FF, but she's so tiny I could keep her RF forever! Here are all the seats I own:

- 2 RXT
    - 1 Boulevard G4
    - 1 Advocate G3
    - 1 Clek Foonf
    - 1 lite rider
    - 1 PW SGL 2013

I've thought about the Monterey, but can't try it anywhere. The Oobr might works too, but seems pretty wide. I've talked with PegPerego on Facebook about their new armless booster and they haven't undergo testing yet in Canada.

Sorry for the rambling, any help is appreciated!
    Mary Ann - Maman franco
    Sorry for my broken English
    DD1: 10/2008 - Rides FF in a Plum RXT or PW's
    DD2: 02/2013 - Rides RF in a Flamingo Foonf
    DS: 07/2015 - Rides RF in a cowmoo Boulevard

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Bump
    Mary Ann - Maman franco

Moderator - CPST Instructor Pixelated's Avatar

Re: In need of a HBB for my 3 across: Monterey, Oobr??

I can't help you with fit in that vehicle -- but two boosters that tend to work with that type of belt (like the 3rd row outboard of the Caravan) are the Harmony Dreamtime2 and the Evenflo Amp. The Dreamtime is super narrow if you're tight for space, but not the tallest seat ever. Walmart has it if you could take your daughter and sit her in it to see how much room she has. Probably a fair bit if she still fits harnessed in a Radian.
    Jen ~ Canadian CPST-IT with CPSAC

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelated View Post
    I can't help you with fit in that vehicle -- but two boosters that tend to work with that type of belt (like the 3rd row outboard of the Caravan) are the Harmony Dreamtime2 and the Evenflo Amp. The Dreamtime is super narrow if you're tight for space, but not the tallest seat ever. Walmart has it if you could take your daughter and sit her in it to see how much room she has. Probably a fair bit if she still fits harnessed in a Radian.
    Thanks! We tried the Dreamtime a few months ago, but it didn't allow the seatbelt to retract properly.

She's almost 49", but she's all legs!
    Mary Ann - Maman franco