In need of a HBB for my 3 across: Monterey, Oobr??

Mary_Ann

My 7.5yo daughter will soon outgrow her Radian and I'm desperately in search of the perfect booster. I drive a 2013 Scion xB that has stupid seatbelts mounted in front of the seat. It barely touches me if I sit back there. The PW 2013 works but not the older version. The PW fits, but is impossible to buckle. I need something narrow, that will also be compatible with my seatbelts. I'm not opposed to a backless, but it would need to go in the centre, which would mean I'd have to turn DD2 FF...

So, I have a 7mo and a 3yo RF. The 3yo will eventually be FF, but she's so tiny I could keep her RF forever! Here are all the seats I own:

- 2 RXT
- 1 Boulevard G4
- 1 Advocate G3
- 1 Clek Foonf
- 1 lite rider
- 1 PW SGL 2013

I've thought about the Monterey, but can't try it anywhere. The Oobr might works too, but seems pretty wide. I've talked with PegPerego on Facebook about their new armless booster and they haven't undergo testing yet in Canada.

Sorry for the rambling, any help is appreciated!

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I can't help you with fit in that vehicle -- but two boosters that tend to work with that type of belt (like the 3rd row outboard of the Caravan) are the Harmony Dreamtime2 and the Evenflo Amp. The Dreamtime is super narrow if you're tight for space, but not the tallest seat ever. Walmart has it if you could take your daughter and sit her in it to see how much room she has. Probably a fair bit if she still fits harnessed in a Radian.

Mary_Ann

I can't help you with fit in that vehicle -- but two boosters that tend to work with that type of belt (like the 3rd row outboard of the Caravan) are the Harmony Dreamtime2 and the Evenflo Amp. The Dreamtime is super narrow if you're tight for space, but not the tallest seat ever. Walmart has it if you could take your daughter and sit her in it to see how much room she has. Probably a fair bit if she still fits harnessed in a Radian.

Thanks! We tried the Dreamtime a few months ago, but it didn't allow the seatbelt to retract properly.

She's almost 49", but she's all legs!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC