Replacing crashed seats

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
CANADIAN ?: So DH was rear-ended yesterday and now I need to replace a SureRide and a Peg Convertible. I've got a FF 4yo (in the SR) and a RF 2yo (in the Peg). I kinda hate the Peg and love the SR (especially for travel.) I've got a Radian already. These seats need to fit side-by-side in a Kia Rondo. My RF 2yo goes in the middle to separate my fight-prone 10yo (passenger-side, adult belt) and 4yo. ;) The middle has long buckle-stalks.

The nice thing about the Peg is its less-than-45° available recline. Otherwise it's just heavy and I hate its closed belt-paths. Someone suggested the Marathon Clicktight instead of the Peg? I think I'm pretty settled on just replacing the SR with another, but am considering maybe a Defender? I don't know. :p Ideas? TIA! :)

ADS

featherhead

Ever tried a Fllo? Love mine! Even more leg room than the Peg. Nice and tall so long buckle stalks shouldn't be a problem. I don't think I would ever buy a Marathon for an already 2 year old. The leg room is non-existent, and the crotch strap is really short. In the land of ice and snow where our kids have to wear layers, and snow boots, etc, it would just be a nightmare. I have a Boulevard G4.1 that I won from carseatblog that I will be using rear-facing with a newborn, and till he is maybe two. Then I will switch to the Fllo, and maybe put my then 4 year old in it forward-facing.

unityco

The Fllo has closed belt paths too, yes? And the height I worry about for visibility since she's in the middle. I will take a closer look though!

unityco

Nice! So it fits well?

Probably the best of anything I've had yet. [emoji1303] It's a nasty spot, what with the seat split and long buckle stalks, but the lock offs (which help with the tipping into the split,) high belt-path and narrowness make it a win for me. [emoji4] Thanks for the suggestion!

featherhead

Probably the best of anything I've had yet. [emoji1303] It's a nasty spot, what with the seat split and long buckle stalks, but the lock offs (which help with the tipping into the split,) high belt-path and narrowness make it a win for me. [emoji4] Thanks for the suggestion!

Yay, that's great!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC